Director – Business Operations
Plume Health’s mission is to create deeply affirming direct-to-consumer and fee-for-service pharmaceutical services for the transgender community through telehealth. Plume is trans-founded and has received backing from top-tier venture capital.
Plume is a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment where diversity, equity, inclusion, dialogue, and nonviolent communication are highly valued. This is a low power-differential, completely virtual environment, so the ability to manage through listening, persuasion, candid and kind conversation, and follow up is essential.
About The Role
Plume is looking for a Director of Business Operations to join our team. You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer and work closely with various functional leads to help Plume execute its strategic vision and goals. You are a highly analytical and a strategic self-starter, who can execute in a high growth start-up environment with multiple priorities and in some cases, ambiguity.
As our Director of Business Operations, you will be responsible for bringing a strategic and data-driven approach to improving current systems (change management) and processes, developing new initiatives and managing other enterprise-level special projects. You will serve as an Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) and support various departments to help address business and operational issues to drive impactful business solutions, efficiencies and ultimately, operational success for our members. This role will focus on developing and rolling out best-in-class operational strategies, driving strong project management of various strategic initiatives and creating alignment and synergies across the organization. The business operations team will report to you and you will help support, mentor and eventually scale the business operations team.
- Analyze data and partner with various departments to anticipate and understand business challenges and formulate recommended solutions.
- Develop strategy, frameworks and models to ensure operational excellence and cross-functional alignment to contribute to larger, organization goals
- Drive and execute strategic, cross functional programs and projects such as roadmap planning cycles, goal setting, organization roles and responsibilities definitions, and targeted strategic topics. Teach others how to manage projects and prioritize.
- Partner with Finance and COO to update detailed revenue models based on deep understanding of business levers and in collaboration with business unit leaders across Product, Marketing, and other functions. Constantly improve and evolve revenue models to incorporate new drivers and business growth.
- Participate and lead department updates for various company meetings.
- Leverage Business Intelligence to monitor and measure metrics and KPIs across the org, tied to operational efficiencies, strong business performance and the organization’s growth.
- Create and drive functional strategies and break down large, complex strategies into objectives for the team and organization..
- Synthesize quantitative and qualitative data and information across business units and develop analytical models around revenue and retention metrics. Leverage these analytical models to provide insight and recommendations to GTM teams to achieve business growth.
- Develop and adhere to budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Develop communications and training methodologies to teach others how to do the same, and why.
- Prioritize responsibilities, act on and coach others based on company mission and values.
- Champion growth mindset, flexibility, learning, and psychological safety.
- 6+ years of strategic roles in management consulting (and/ or MBA), business operations, business development, operations, or GM roles with 5+ years of management experience in high growth B2B/ B2C SaaS startup companies
- Experience in telehealth is a plus, though not required.
- Strong experience leading analytical teams at rapidly growing businesses.
- Managed 4-6+ direct reports and scaled teams
- Experience with large complex projects and a track record of impact. Proven history scoping ambiguous problems and developing comprehensive strategies and solutions.
- You are action-oriented, flexible, and have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and a bias for action
- Track record of excellence in prior roles, with an ability to thrive in ambiguous and fast-changing environments that require creative approaches and fast action.
- Excellent pricing strategy and negotiation skills
- Deep compassion and respect for the trans and non-binary experience
- Plume is the largest provider of healthcare to the transgender community in the United States. We are looking for humble and curious leaders who are deeply inspired by our mission. You can make a scaled difference by facilitating the health and happiness of thousands of transgender clients across the US.
- A peer group and team members who are second to none, and share your passion, intelligence, and bias for action.
- Work from home, with some travel but no plan to require regular attendance in an office at a later date.
- Though we’re small enough to be nimble, we offer the stability of a larger company, with compensation, benefits, equity, and PTO/holiday plans that can compete against more mature organizations.
At Plume Health, we’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.