Where A-Players Thrive.
We’re an employee-owned, vertically-integrated builder of some of America’s most popular health & wellness brands. With over 1,200 team members dedicated to improving the lives of people and their pets, we create best-in-class products that bring health and happiness. Our creative content educates the world on making smarter health choices, while the brands we own generate over $1 billion of revenue annually.
We’re Looking For A(n): Director of Accounting. Are you a number-crunching professional with an unwavering passion for finance, money, and accounting? We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Accounting to lead our financial close and guide our accounting team through a symphony of general ledger special projects.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA – Hybrid
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead an efficient 5-day close process. Produce accurate, timely and compliant results.
- Prepare / Review reconciliations of large data sets from across different platforms.
- Review B/S & P&L accounts, schedules, journal entries and provide guidance to team.
- Oversee Inventory, Cost Accounting, Revenue, Receivables, Advertising, CapEx, SG&A, etc. Ensure financial accuracy by analyzing our vertically integrated business operations, including a large group of entities for our B2B and D2C operations, Distribution Centers, Manufacturing, etc.
- Technical SME – Lead the adoption of new accounting guidelines in accordance with GAAP, draft technical memos and implement policy changes.
- Be the point person with external auditors, manage the PBC and prepare financial statements and footnotes.
- Lead systems integration, customization, and other projects.
- Lead accounting review and project management meetings with the team, and cross functionally.
- Direct and manage departmental staff through goal setting, guidance and coaching.
- Support leadership in advancing company’s goals and objectives. Seek continuous improvements to accounting processes and procedures.
- Provide monthly explanations to Finance on flux and budget vs. actuals.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Drive results independently in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Analytical, problem-solving skill set is important.
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP. Research and navigate technical accounting changes.
- Exceptional project management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Roll up your sleeves approach and attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills with all levels.
- Positive attitude and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience in roles with increasing responsibility as part of an organization that has been through rapid growth, at least $500M in revenue.
- 4+ years leading a team of Managers.
- Big-4 Public Audit background, ideally as a manager or above.
- Strong working knowledge of NetSuite or other large ERP system.
- Extremely proficient in Excel Certified Public Accountant License Experience with E-commerce, CPG, and fast-paced startup environments.
- Publicly traded company experience.
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $141,600-$188,900, plus annual & monthly KPI bonus potential.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.
*The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never text you, send you checks, or ask you to disclose personal financial details. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at email@example.com to verify its validity.*