DevOps Support Engineer
Liquibase is hiring a DevOps Support Engineer to join our growing Customer Success team. Our customers rely on our Support team to help them successfully adopt our products. This customer-facing role requires collaboration with Product, Engineering, and QA teams. A successful DSE will use their skills and experience to accurately diagnose customer issues and get them resolved in a timely way, to the customer’s satisfaction using the experience they have working in customer service for a highly technical SaaS product.
The core hours for this role will be from 8 AM to 6 PM Pacific Time. This role may require working outside those hours to support Asian and European customers. Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
What you’ll be doing:
- Using your technical skills to identify and resolve critical issues for our customers and customer-facing teams
- Communicate with customers through a ticketing system, with phone calls or screen sharing sometimes required for complex or urgent issues
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Engineering and other teams to troubleshoot issues
- Updating and creating documentation, knowledge base articles and training materials to improve the customer experience
- Mentoring customer-facing teams on technical issues and best practices
- Providing timely information to to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Helping to define processes that improve support and maintenance
- Work a weekend on-call rotation every 4-8 weeks
What we’re looking for:
- Basic Linux system administration knowledge
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Someone with a strong desire to manage high-profile issues that are critical to the long-term success of the company
- The ability to build knowledge of new technologies easily
- Strong customer service skills, including managing customer expectations, moderating customer calls, and objection handling.
- Technical experience with a variety of databases including, but not limited to: Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Snowflake
- Familiarity with Java, source control, and shell scripting
- Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity, and outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge, mentoring ability, and comfort interacting with all levels of management
- Good working knowledge of popular DevOps tools and services such as: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory/Nexus, Kubernetes, git & GitHub
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts and practices
- Past experience using Liquibase or Liquibase Fundamentals Certification
- BA/BS Computer Science Degree (preferred) with 4 years technical experience
Perks of Life at Liquibase:
- A fully remote workforce – we will never ask you to go into an office
- Home office allowance
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Flexible time off
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Our work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview – We are Liquibase
Liquibase is the leader in the database release automation segment of the more broadly defined DevOps market. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. Downloaded more than 75 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. You can expect to revel in growth across the board — in the number of customers we support, in the experiments we run, in the scope and complexity of our technical projects, and the list goes on.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers. We value individual freedom and embrace remote work.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.