About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a member of the EngOps team at Aurora Solar, you will be responsible for continuously improving the foundational pieces on which our platform operates. The EngOps team is in charge of influencing, coaching, and collaborating with teams on building sustainable systems and services for the cloud. You will serve as an advocate for (and implementer of) strong security posture in the cloud. We love working with other teams to design and implement automations that make their work easier and more efficient.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Design, test, and roll out infrastructure-as-code modules in partnership with the infrastructure needs of our various customer-facing and internal teams
- Collaborate with teams to architect, stand-up, and monitor the infrastructure and systems that back our platform
- Continuously improve our cloud-security posture at Aurora by working to develop secure-by-default systems, investigate findings, and coach teams on best practices
- Support our engineering teams by further improving our ephemeral and local development environments in close partnership with other teams
- Automate away tedious work and find ways to streamline processes
- Help teams with complex requirements to optimize their cloud systems for both cost and performance
What we value:
- A highly collaborative mindset, with the ability to work well with other teams; an “engineering diplomat”
- A desire to learn new skills, languages, patterns, and practices; a “continuous learner”
- An objective, data-driven approach when solving problems related to engineering challenges
- Strong operational experience with using AWS and other services at-scale
- Knowledge of, and ability to reason about and debug systems that utilize containerization technologies such as Docker
For New York City-based candidates, the salary range for this role is $137,500.00 to $194,000.00. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including skills, qualifications, and location.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.