**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Developer Support Engineer participates in the support of both cloud and self-hosted implementations of our products, engaging with existing and prospective customers. The Developer Support Engineer uses their product understanding (including 3rd party integrated products) to respond to raised and more complex support and configuration issues, partner with Product and Engineering on prioritization of defects and feature requests, ensure Service Level Agreements are met, and provide custom scripting for complex solutions and workarounds.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule (M-F)
- Learn the Product(s) you will be supporting
- Work independently, with your team, and across the company to support complex customer issues/problems with our Product(s)
- Work directly with customers virtually to fix and tackle complex problems
- Attentively listen to others and articulate complex solutions in a clear, concise, and methodical way both verbally and in writing
- Author and contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation and continuously improve team process.
- Ability and enthusiasm to dig into code, understand logic and write scripts to automate and debug complex issues (we primarily use Java)
- 3+ year navigating databases and crafting SQL queries using MySQL and/or MSSQL
- 3+ year using the Linux command line to parse log files and configure system settings
- 3+ years fixing firewalls and proxies
- Experience with software development and writing software code
- Experience with Java is bonus, but any language is good
- 3+ years working with a REST API
- 3+ years supporting a web app
- Takes deep dives into support tickets, closing between 10 and 20 a month
- Accepts critical issues from our Technical Support Engineers (TSEs)
- Work with our Engineering team on particularly difficult customer issues
- Mentor TSEs on how to better approach problems outside their scope
- Use Zendesk, IntelliJ IDEA, VirtualBox, Visual VM and the command line to fix, reproduce, and resolve issues
- Experience with Apache Velocity is a bonus
Strengths You’ll Need
- Customer Focus: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Gains insight into customer needs.
- Excellent communicator: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Provide timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourage the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Collaborative personality: Works collaboratively with others on the team, and across teams to solve complex customer problems; actively providing and accepting feedback.
- Manages Ambiguity: Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes and will search for options when the answer is not obvious.
- Nimble learning: Learns quicky when facing new situations. Extracts lessons from failures and mistakes.
- Self-development: Shows personal commitment and acts to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from experiences, from others, and from structured learning.
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.