Skilljar is seeking a Database & Reporting Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for crafting, implementing, and continuously improving internally and externally facing reporting solutions. Secure, accurate, and scalable reporting solutions are key to our success and growth. Empowering our customers to take full advantage of the Skilljar platform to ensure their success!
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record in the data reporting and analysis space along with strong, empathetic communication skills. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Working with customers and internal business partners to understand requirements and translate to technical requirements for data & reporting solutions.
- Developing and improve customer facing reporting solutions, adding new reports and functionality based on customers’ needs.
- Helping design, build, and support high quality data reporting solutions (data warehouses, self service reporting solutions, etc.) for internal business users.
- Collaborating and connecting with the engineering team to optimize data reporting tools and reporting infrastructures.
- Using tried and tested engineering practices to ensure security and privacy compliance across all data reporting projects.
- Keeping up to date on best practices, new technologies, and relevant industry news.
- 4+ years of experience working in one of the following capacities: Database Engineer, SQL Developer, Business Intelligence Engineer, or Reporting Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience coding in SQL or Python.
- Strong and empathetic communication skills and experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Building and maintaining relational reporting databases and schemas.
- Writing SQL script and procedures.
- Crafting and maintaining ETL processes; using vendor tools and native Python/SQL scripts
- Writing technical designs, data flow documents, and internal/external data documentation.
- Understanding and knowledge of standard methodologies within software engineering and database structuring.
- Practicing agile and scrum software development cycle.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Python scripting.
- Experience with AWS Glue and AWS Step Functions.
- Experience with data transformation tools like DBT.
- Experience with Data Presentation & Visualization tools (like PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, and Quicksight).
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and New York.
Don’t meet every requirement? At Skilljar, we are committed to building a team that embraces a variety of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Even if your previous experience doesn’t perfectly match with the job qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.