The Data Integration Team is responsible for ensuring data from school districts are loaded and maintained with a high level of fidelity into the Ellevation platform. This team plans and executes the solutions to integrate customer data into our SaaS educational platform, and designs solutions to simplify processes, save time and maximize the use of Ellevation by educators around the country. As a Data Integration Specialist, you will work directly with customers (data teams and administrators) and internal teams to support districts in the extraction of data, own the data transformation and import process, and ensure ongoing data fidelity within Ellevation’s platform.
This role is fast-paced and will require one to take ownership, balance, and prioritize multiple projects at once. This role requires a combination of technical skills, organization, a service orientation, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical partners. Just as important, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter and motivated to continuously learn. To be an excellent teammate in this role, you are willing to collaborate and provide input. Feedback is ingrained in our culture so comfort giving and receiving feedback is an integral part of the process to advance your and Ellevation’s growth and sustainability.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Gain familiarity and knowledge of Ellevation, its team structure, and product/services
- Know our mission, values, and product offerings
- Know teams and high-level responsibilities of reach
- Learn about our platform and have familiarity with our product offerings
- Setup and familiarize yourself with our internal tools and communication norms (Slack, GSuite, Jira/Wiki)
- Attend Partner Success & Support team overviews and partner calls to further understand who Data Integration collaborates with on a daily basis and how we provide service to our partners
- Set up a development environment on your computer to execute all Data Integration tasks (Python, SQL, Git)
- Start to become familiar with addressing Data Integration data processing and imports (Students, Schedules, Staff, Tests, Grade files)
- Review and practice Python code development
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop familiarity with our data model and be able to navigate our database and locate key tables relevant to tasks
- Develop proficiency in importing various data types, including standardized tests
- Take on automate tasks like learning how to commit code and automation set up processes
- Familiarize with and begin contributing to team projects
- Begin facilitating partner calls, including data onboarding and troubleshooting
- Start to take on responsibility for customers within a given region
- Take on more technical team project work
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work independently within your region
- Troubleshoot data issues independently
- Maintain service-level agreement on your assigned work
Within 12 months, you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert for your region
- Continue to develop your technical skills
- Maintain a high level of data fidelity in your region
- Collaborate on new projects and initiatives
- Work to improve our processes and code libraries
- Automate manual tasks
- 1-3 years experience working with many heterogeneous datasets and formats from a variety of vendors, providers and platforms.
- Understanding complex data and translating issues into non-technical terms. You have a knack for problem solving complex data discrepancies.
- Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation, and an understanding of the important of meeting customer needs and maintaining strong customer satisfaction. Able to translate customer requests into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated success and effectiveness working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and time-critical work environment.
- Collaborates well with others, and is not afraid to ask for help when needed.
- Self starter/learner that is comfortable with ambiguity and bringing order to chaos.
- Proficiency with Python (Pandas Library or other scripting languages such as R) with basic understanding of coding/programming logic
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS concepts (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience implementing prevention and detection controls to ensure data integrity
- Statistics/data-study based experience
- Working with, extending and defining data interchange standards and best practices
- Experience with SFTP, FTPS and other file transfer protocols
- Bonus: SIS/K-12 student data/Ed-Fi experience
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former EL students. Over the next five years we are focused on doubling the number of students we serve and driving measurable outcomes for students. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston – a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Ellevation Education may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data collection practices and your rights related to that data.