The big picture: Axios is a rapidly growing digital media and tech company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business, and other major topics in the most efficient and shareable ways using our original Smart Brevity format.
At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of readers’ time, attention, and trust.
Why you matter: You believe that the truth matters now more than ever and the idea of joining a high-growth media company excites you! You’re passionate about the evolution of the media and tech industries and want to be part of a team that’s shaping the future. You place value in working with smart, ambitious colleagues in an environment where you will learn invaluable skills to carry with you.
The details: Our Data Engineering Intern will support Axios’ data initiatives by developing data focussed applications and pipelines that power our business. This experience will provide an opportunity to work within a cross-functional data team and work collaboratively with other data engineers, data analysts, data quality engineers, and product managers in an agile environment. You will get exposure to technologies & platforms such as Redshift, Airflow, DBT, Looker, Jupyter Notebooks, and AWS.
- You are excited by data and its impact
- You are comfortable digging into something new and asking questions
- You exhibit strong attention to detail
- You possess exceptional communication skills
- You have a wildly collaborative spirit
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with programming languages such as SQL, Python
- Exposure to visualization & business intelligence (BI) tools such as Excel, Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio, etc
- Exposure to big data tools and technologies
- 10-week paid program beginning in June
- Mentorship and Lunch & Learns with Axios Executives
- We are seeking interns for our Communications, Talent Acquisition, Events, Editorial Illustration, Editorial, Brand Design, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Learning & Development, and Production teams
Pay rate for this role is $17/hr and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.