Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about digital assets to millions of investors. Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role
We are building a world-class research team at Blockworks to provide deep, protocol-level coverage of DeFi assets to our audience of professional investors.
Blockworks is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to bring deep data insights to the Research team. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the backend architecture to support on-chain data ingestion, collaborating with our CTO, data analysts and researchers to build quantitative models that supplement Blockwork’s qualitative research, and much more.
Your day to day will be spent collaborating with an industry leading research team to promote the use of data in the research process by identifying, ingesting, transforming data across multiple sources to help the team identify interesting patterns and trends that support decision making and research.
We are looking for someone with 4+ years of applied backend data architecture and crypto experience. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
In this role, you will report directly to our CTO and will:
- Assist with building and maintaining data ingestion and storage processes
- Develop, automate, and orchestrate ingestion systems (batch loading, stream processing) for on-chain protocol-level data across multiple assets and DeFi protocols
- Architect and implement modules for ingesting, storing and manipulating large data sets for a variety of protocol-level research and on-chain analysis use-cases.
- Write code to provide backend support for data-driven UI widgets, web dashboards, workflows, search and API connectors.
- Design and implement high performance APIs between our frontend and backend components, and between different backend components.
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working with across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering (using technologies such as Node.js, Python, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, Docker, etc.)
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- SQL and/or no-SQL database experience
- Experience building API’s (development experience using GraphQL is a plus)
- Familiarity with issues of web performance, availability, scalability, reliability, and maintainability
- Demonstrated familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystem, including crypto assets and DeFi protocols, NFTs, stablecoins, publicly traded crypto companies, and more
- Working understanding of crypto-native data products, such as Dune Analytics, Flipside Crypto, The Graph, Nansen AI, Token Terminal, Glassnode, blockchain explorers, etc. a plus
- Experience building and maintaining Layer-1 blockchain nodes a plus
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email email@example.com with “Data Engineer + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org