Fama is an AI-based software solution that identifies problematic behavior among potential hires and current employees by analyzing publicly available online information. Enterprise HR and talent acquisition leaders trust Fama to identify abusive behaviors, such as bigotry and harassment, that are often missed in the hiring and management process. With Fama, organizations can now proactively protect their culture and brand from the sorts of risky behaviors that can draw down on innovation and expose a brand to liability. Founded in 2015, Fama is backed by some of the world’s leading venture capitalists and institutional investors and is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
You will work closely with data science teams and stakeholders to analyze and prioritize data requirements, create new ETL processes to answer each department’s requests, and find the most valuable data and information from external and internal sources. You will also work closely with engineering to support specific data acquisition within our system to gather metrics for optimal business intelligence.
Who you are
You are a talented engineer with a deep interest in data processing; you are open to discussing data needs and requirements with any department in a company. You like to innovate and develop a plan to deliver new data products. You enjoy collaborating with different teams but also show ownership in your previous projects.
- Communicate with departments to understand data requirements and plan new projects.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers through Fama’s existing and new products.
- Excel at placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc.), finding solutions that work in practice and have a significant effect.
- You will design and develop new ETL pipelines from scratch, using modern technology and to ensure data integrity and quality.
- You will manage some of the data projects for the company, making sure that the team prioritizes all the development based on product needs.
- At least 2+ years of experience in software development or Data Engineering
- You have solid engineering skills with proficiency in at least Python, SQL, and R.
- Proficiency with data mining and machine learning
- Experience using AWS Data stack: Glue, SageMaker, Quicksight
- You can think critically, objectively, and rationally
- You can reason and communicate in a results-oriented, data-driven manner with high autonomy.
We believe that becoming an increasingly diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace makes us a more successful and resilient organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster and preserve a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background.