Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about digital assets to millions of investors. Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role
We are building a world-class research team at Blockworks to provide deep coverage of crypto assets to our audience of professional investors.
Blockworks is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to bring deep level data insights to the Research team. As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting data analysis that generates actionable insights in the research offering, collaborating with the research team to build quantitative models that supplement Blockwork’s qualitative research, and much more.
Your responsibilities will include building and updating open source dashboards, queries and interactive charts that will be housed in our research portal, and developing clear visualizations that convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion.
Your day to day will be spent collaborating with an industry leading research team to promote the use of data in the research process by analyzing, ingesting and visualizing data across multiple sources to identify interesting patterns and trends that support decision making
We are looking for someone with 2+ years of applied crypto and data analytics experience. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
In this role, you will report directly to our Director of Research and will:
- Be involved in analyzing, ingesting and visualizing data across multiple sources to identify interesting patterns and trends to support decision making
- Develop clear visualizations to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion
- Transform large datasets from complex systems, into digestible dashboard and charts that will be housed in the research portal.
- Work in collaboration with a team of Research Analysts and the Director of Research to build quantitative models that supplement Blockwork’s qualitative research.
- Apply your expertise in data mining, and data visualization to extract insights that can inform research decisions and generate alpha
- Communicate key results with self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for the research product and key stakeholders
- Demonstrate mastery of crypto-native data tools such as Dune Analytics, by building open-source dashboards and queries for specific protocols under the Blockworks Research brand
- Collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders to build key datasets and data pipelines using SQL/Python/ETL frameworks
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years industry experience in data analytics field
- Demonstrated familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystem, including crypto assets and DeFi protocols, NFTs, stablecoins, publicly traded crypto companies, and more
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, scripting languages and database concepts, experience with GraphQL
- Proficiency with crypto-native data products, such as Dune Analytics, Flipside Crypto, The Graph, Nansen AI, Token Terminal, Glassnode, blockchain explorers, etc.
- Experience programming in Python and knowledge of the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, MatPlotLib, Scikit-learn) for data science
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences, through the use of data dashboard and charts
- Experience with BI Software (Superset / Tableau / etc) a plus
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or related technical field
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email email@example.com with “Data Analyst + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org