Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity. Wanderu is a data company first where everyone appreciates and expects decisions to be made based on precise analysis of the far reaching data sets we collect.
We are looking to add a Data Analyst who will be involved with all aspects of Wanderu’s digital media channels, user acquisition, inventory analysis and on-site optimization. You’ll be an integral part of expanding our existing digital media strategy and building an optimal user experience. This unique role combines the data-oriented side of digital marketing with seeking out market and product opportunities in large scale data sets.
The ideal candidate will be a master of multi-tasking who considers themselves highly analytical and is comfortable spending a large portion of their time analyzing data, presenting results and implementing solutions that are based on those findings.
- Analyze the conversion funnel to identify barriers to be removed and features to be implemented in order to create a seamless user experience
- Work directly with the acquisition team to help identify opportunities and trends in campaigns targeting millions of customers.
- Ideate opportunities for optimization by translating user behavior and site interactions into A/B and multivariate tests to be run on the site or in-app
- Help our teams operate smarter by creating self service access to their key performance data via dashboards and alerts.
- Analyze inventory gaps and work directly with our supply team to create new travel supply options.
- Work directly with the executive team to analyze and develop business case analysis for new strategic projects
- Work directly with data engineers to source and optimize how and what data we warehouse and improve query performance.
- Expert in Excel, SQL and Google Analytics
- Strong experience using Snowflake or similar products
- Strong experience with proper A/B testing and other performance analysis methods
- Ability to connect large data sets and translate trends into actionable insights
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working on a digital product
- Ability to identify, manage and make sound recommendations to peers and management.
- Knowledge of Snowplow and DBT
- Knowledge of R, Python or Node
- Experience in ecommerce or other large scale consumer environments
- Knowledge of paid, organic and/or email marketing best practices.