Data at Substack
- Deeply understand the behaviors of Substack readers and writers
- Explore, measure, and track metrics related to the Substack ecosystem
- Derive denormalized tables to enable simplified analytics
- Partner with product teams on developing key metrics and testing intuitions with data to inform better decision making
- Develop data insights that can empower Substack writers to better understand their newsletters
- 4+ years experience in product analytics
- Love analyzing problems with data and synthesizing results to tell the narrative of the product
- Have expertise in SQL (we use Postgres + Snowflake) and event-based analytics and metrics (à la Segment)
- Understand growth funnels and how to measure them
- Enjoy building dashboards (Sisense/Periscope Data) to memorialize findings and monitor key metrics
- Believe that building canonical datasets can empower an organization
- Have a proven track record of making meaningful impacts through data insights and discovery in past roles.
- Nice to haves: Airflow, other DAG tool experience, Python, Node
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.