Spiff (https://spiff.com), recently named one of the most innovative Fintech companies, is on a mission to inspire, enable, and reward peak business performance. Why? Commission plans are used by modern companies to reward and drive good behavior using more advanced rules or combinations of rules such as quota attainment, accelerators, and other types of variable earnings. Great Commission plans motivate Salespeople to sell more to the right companies. In order to help companies and reps to reach their full potential, we take the manual labor and complexity of current commission processes and completely automate them. Finance teams used to spend hours each month trying to prepare commissions, communicate them to their reps, deal with discrepancies, and then get those paid on time. Spiff automates that full process. We connect to the client’s systems; CRM, ERP & Payroll to reduce the work and amount of errors. Spiff gives powerful, real-time data and insights to reps, managers, and executives about their commissions.
Who we are looking for…
We’re looking for a Customer Support Technician to help us replicate our clients’ excel commission models in the Spiff system. Commission spreadsheets are similar to other complex excel financial models so individuals with backgrounds or interest in FP&A, banking, audit, accounting, etc. will be helpful, but not necessary. Fast learning, technically sharp people with the ability to learn quickly and effectively will make the best candidates for this position.
As a Customer Support Technician, you are a critical component of the Client Success team, and for end-users, the first point of contact. You will respond to and troubleshoot cases submitted via email and a web-based ticketing system, from admins and end-users. Support is provided through email, web, chat, phone, and other channels as required in a timely and professional manner. All support activities and communication are thoroughly documented in a case management system.
What you’ll contribute in this role…
- Exceed client expectations by providing an amazing support experience
- Identify and resolve client issues via incoming emails, etc
- Answer how-to questions
- Replicate, troubleshoot, and describe simple bugs and report to product/engineering
- Provide clients with knowledge regarding software functionality and best practices
- Provide clients with root cause analysis and in depth troubleshooting
- Meet and exceed Service Level Agreements through effective incident management
- Keep thorough, clear, and complete records in the ticketing system of all actions taken
- Escalate tickets as appropriate
- Be friendly, efficient, and dependable, and always provide timely updates to users
- When assigned, create documentation of Support processes
- Contribute to overall content and quality of Spiff’s knowledge base
- Hours will be from 8 am – 5 pm ET
- Other duties as assigned
What experience you’ll bring to Spiff…
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to navigate complex excel models.
- Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional. Internally Spiff is a startup, and it is awesome. Externally, it’s important that clients see that fun, but as a Fintech startup, working with senior members of management at some of the biggest brands in the world, every interaction needs to be fast, professional, succinct, and intelligent.
- Reliable. Since your work will represent much of the first experience a client has with Spiff, you must be able to perform your work and manage your projects to complete them in a timely manner
- Detail oriented – you must be able to notice small details and fit them within the larger picture.
- Experience with commission plans and calculations
- Experience with Salesforce
- Incredible sense of humor
- Sales ops, especially familiarity with Salesforce (from an admin perspective)
- Technical expertise (SQL/database, light coding, etc…) is a huge plus
- Basic accounting/finance understanding
- Interest in Startups/Tech/Finance. Our team loves the startup community, and genuine interest in the space is huge.
What types of perks and benefits we offer…
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Remote First & Friendly Company
- 100% Premium Coverage for High-Deductible Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Up to $1200 a year towards your Health Savings Account
- Additional Comprehensive FSA, Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Group Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Legal, Commuter Coverages available for you & your dependents
- Company-sponsored Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Insurance & access to online counseling
- Flexible Time Off
- Flexible work hours
- Parental leave
- HQ in Salt Lake City ( enjoy biking and skiing when you come to visit! )
Come join the best team in the space! We’re building amazing software to solve a massive sales and finance gap, and you’ll be a major part of our success.
At Spiff, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that reflects the ever-changing world around us. We strive for an equitable workplace where everyone feels welcome regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation; race or ethnicity; age; physical ability; socio-economic status; religious beliefs; political views or affiliations; or any other factor that can be used to make someone feel excluded from the workplace experience.
Our unwavering commitment to this mission is founded in the idea that varied perspectives drive innovation.
We know that fostering a diverse and inclusive team has a positive impact on our products and services, and helps us better serve our customers, employees, and community stakeholders. That’s why we’re building a culture where differences are celebrated and an environment where people from all backgrounds are treated with respect and given the freedom to be their authentic selves.