Customer Onboarding Specialist (f/m/d)
In the 1950s, global trade changed for good. The invention of the standardized container suddenly meant that transporting goods across the world became affordable. And with that, paved the way for globalization and global wealth. But contrary to the container, most surrounding processes have not been standardized nor innovated—and are still frustratingly complex, manual, and error-prone.
That’s why our ambition is to use technology to simplify the logistics of global trade, making the processes around the container as simple as the container itself. We do that by providing a neutral infrastructure that connects all logistics companies to remove friction and create economic opportunity.
Customer Onboarding Specialist (f/m/d)
As our Customer Onboarding Specialist, you will run day-to-day operations in the area of customer onboarding. The process begins the moment a contract with a company has been signed, with your first task being to conduct the customer’s KYC process. In this role, you will be expected to make our customers successful at xChange by assisting them to secure their first deal. Your goal is to give clients a smooth onboarding experience, understand their needs and assist them with initial operations on the platform.
You are proactive, independent, organized, and can maintain a positive and professional relationship with all clients. As our onboarding concierge, you have a drive to make clients successful and provide all-time support, oftentimes switching gears between sales, concierge, and customer management style interactions. You work collaboratively with the other customer onboarding concierges, as well as the customer onboarding operations lead to provide world-class communication with clients.
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Ensure an outstanding customer journey from “contract signed” through “access granted” to “first deal accepted” while reducing product friction throughout.
- Assist clients in providing all necessary information for a smooth onboarding experience
- Respond to client inquiries via chat/mail/phone
- Pro-actively approach clients that have not yet provided all necessary information to complete onboarding
- Train clients on how to use the platform upon activation
- Support clients in getting their first deal (making a first transaction on xChange)
- You are highly organised and have a first-hand experience of dealing with administrative tasks
- Proactively approach clients to identify their needs and support them in the matching and negotiation processes on xChange
- Proactively approach other existing clients on our platform to identify their needs and understand how they can support our newer clients in their first deal process
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a customer-facing role ideally in a SaaS environment (prior experience in “Customer Management” at a logistics company is an advantage but not a must-have)
- Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – you are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You have worked with and have a good understanding of CRM tools and/or Excel before
- You must be based in the Americas
- You are a great communicator and listener; you are passionate about the xChange mission and inspire and motivate the people around you
- Deep understanding of customer processes – understanding the needs of the clients and the business is essential to ensure successful client onboarding
- You value integrity and trust in your own approach as well as your teams – You are open and transparent in all communication and promote a culture of collaboration within the team.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Please send us your CV in English
What we have to offer
- Ownership from day one! You will have full responsibility and creative freedom to bring your ideas to life
- A dynamic and international team with ~60 nationalities across our fast-growing 250+ team members & extremely flat hierarchies
- A highly scalable product with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ♥
- A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can’t wait for you to join
- A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1