Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We’ve built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for analysts and data scientists. As we’ve grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from finance to operations, marketing to engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate on data that can be used to inform everyday decisions. For our customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
About the role:
The Mode marketing team is a creative crew of market strategists, empathetic storytellers, and quantitative thinkers. The Mode platform is loved by customers and it’s time to up-level, then scale our brand to bring the Mode story to organizations everywhere.
We’re looking for a strategic and collaborative Creative Director to guide and build the Mode brand across new and existing audiences, segments, and markets as we enter our next phase of growth. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll build and empower a team of designers and creators as you drive the development and evolution of our brand. You’ll be the primary owner and evangelist of our brand and its application across all customer touchpoints.
We’re a collaborative group, guided by a customer-centric process and eager to pair that with an iterative design process built through your leadership. Your first six months at Mode will be an exciting, foundational phase for your team and our company. As you build out your team, you’ll lead us through a rebrand process, and help design our first ever user conference (IRL – finally!).
Then, the sky’s the limit–led, of course, with a deep acumen for understanding business needs and inspiring your team to find right-sized, highly-resonant brand solutions for a variety of initiatives and mediums. You’ll partner with marketers to create assets needed to deliver on our ambitious growth goals. You’ll partner with the product and product design teams to bring our brand to life across customer touchpoints in-product. With our customer success and customer education teams, you’ll partner on building programs that make data analysis skills more accessible to people in every corner of an organization. You’ll partner with all these teams to measure results, understand the impact of your designs, test, and optimize (we’re a data company after all).
What you’ll do:
- Evolve the Mode brand to achieve the big vision we’re bringing to life over the next few years
- Provide creative thought partnership to all parts of the business and make recommendations on directions to improve
- Build an iterative design process that unleashes the creativity of your team, and champions continuous testing and optimization
- Infuse brand work with customer-centric insights, leveraging your own research where needed.
- Lead the creation and development of experiences, materials and designs that are strategic, high-quality, and push the brand expression across channels, segments, and new markets
- Build, foster, and cultivate an inclusive, inquisitive design team culture that is bold in execution, and oriented towards ownership and growth
- Work with internal stakeholders to create clear briefs for brand design projects. Own planning process and resource allocation in partnership with marketing leadership team and other key leaders.
- Manage external agencies and freelancers
- Create brand strategies that increase brand awareness and perception across audiences and geographies. Turn strategies into systems that empower others and can scale as we grow
- Craft strategy for campaigns in advance of big media moments and product launches
- Build relationships with leaders across the business and effectively influence decision making and prioritization and be a champion for our culture and values
What we look for:
- Alignment with Mode’s values
- A proven track record of high impact design project delivery;
- Deep experience recruiting, managing, and leading designers and creatives
- Deep understanding and expertise in brand building and creating systems and guidelines while expanding into new markets
- Ability to create strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Confidence in presenting ideas and designs to internal clients at the VP and C-Suite level
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.