Splendid Spoon, a Series B stage food tech business, is experiencing spectacular growth as more consumers explore plant-based eating and a desire for their meals to be delivered directly to their doorstep. Splendid Spoon is
We’re looking for a passionate visual storyteller and brand expert to unify and connect Splendid Spoon’s brand across all touch points. You are an expert at implementing your creative vision and will become Splendid’s point person for any creative plan that must make its way to prospective and existing customers. You will ensure that our visual identity and tone of voice across all channels (earned, owned and paid marketing channels, digital product, physical product, unboxing, etc.) is clear, cohesive, and engaging.
You will partner with our Founder, Marketing team, and Digital Product team to edit and evolve our creative foundations, including photo and graphic design principles and copy principles, to more deeply engage and excite our core audience of food-loving, health-centric flexitarians while bringing forward the heart and soul of our 9-year old mission. As our business develops an omni-channel strategy you will play a key role to ensure all creative touchpoints (promotional copy, package design, physical collateral etc.) are translated for selling channels and marketing touchpoints outside of our core eCommerce channel.
You must be driven by the consumer needs of a competitive, high-demand category, and an expert at fine-tuning and developing brand design through a multi-channel strategy. You’ll report directly to Splendid Spoon’s Co-CEO team. This role is remote-optional and open to applicants located anywhere in the US, but will require travel to our NYC office at least quarterly.
- Lead the development of our creative frameworks – ensuring that internal and external designers are able to execute on our creative vision.
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion, particularly around brand strategy, owned content development, and digital product development.
- Collaborate with our marketing and digital product teams to stay ahead of our community’s evolving needs in the world of taste, health, and nutrition.
- Work with executives to continuously improve our brand strategy and marketing plan, and evolve for selling into non-digital channels such as away-from-home, wholesale, and via strategic partnerships.
- Identify and manage external creatives (animators, graphic artists, copywriters, food stylists, photographers and influencers) to produce engaging photo and video assets.
- Write and design unique and well-crafted copy briefs, and identify and manage copywriting talent for marketing materials, owned social content, and digital product updates/launches (i.e. landing pages, new customer onboarding etc.)
- Develop and oversee 3 direct reports on the Brand team (owned social, graphic design, brand), coaching them to produce high impact work and deepen their skills and expertise.
- 4+ years experience as a Creative Director, managing 3+ team members in design, owned social or other creative roles.
- 6+ years in creative development such as graphic design, copywriting/editing, art direction etc.
- Fluency (10+ years experience) in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Working knowledge of new social design tools such as Canva.
- You are known for your entrepreneurial spirit and how to make 1+1 = 3. You are resourceful, creative, solutions-driven, impactful.
- Excellent working knowledge of ecommerce selling enabled by social media (experience with a direct-to-consumer online brand preferred)
- Track record of developing frameworks for creative design processes for brand marketers, product managers, and social media managers.
- Hands-on experience in creative process, product launch and merchandising for online channels, graphic design and brand development
- Best in class communicator and storyteller with track record of building unique, category-disruptive owned content strategies for health and wellness products.
- Team builder – you are energized by coaching people and unlocking expertise. You are known for building high performing teams even in challenging environments, and you have a ‘no job too big or too small’ mentality to jump into the trenches alongside junior team members when duty calls.
- Organized, detail and process oriented
- High standard of excellence
- Passionate & committed to the power of food for healing and connection.
- Small team of close-knit, supportive employees who are passionate about each other and improving people’s experience with food
- We’re a small product team; you’ll have an outsize impact on the future direction of our growth and culture.
- We’re customer-centric: doing what’s best for the long term value of our customer drives us at Splendid Spoon.
- Competitive Salary + generous PTO policy
- Free weekly Splendid Spoon meals!
- Annual stipend to build your ideal remote work environment
- Company-sponsored virtual and in-person hangouts
- Anti-bias learning and development
- Splendid Sabbatical Program
Splendid Spoon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our teams regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.