The Controller will report directly to the CFO and serve as a key contributor on Pathwire’s executive leadership team. Overseeing a team of 20 spanning the USA and Europe, this person will supervise managers directly responsible for all aspects of accounting operations, including maintenance and enforcement of corporate accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP requirements, ensuring the integrity of Pathwire’s financial data and reporting.
Responsibilities of the Controller include but are not limited to:
- Serve as US GAAP and IFRS subject matter expert to ensure technical issues are well analyzed and reflected in Pathwire’s and Sinch’s accounting policies and external financial reporting
- Oversee internal reporting to Sinch AB in accordance with IFRS and group accounting policies
- Assist in crafting analyst communications as it relates to the email business unit reported by Sinch AB
- Work closely with the Sinch group tax team and oversee the corporate tax accounting and tax compliance to ensure all tax treatments and positions are reasonable and defendable
- Manage regulatory compliance, corporate policies and procedures, internal control matters, and other financial regulatory/compliance efforts
- Establish and run closing schedule process in order to provide required financial data in a timely, accurate manner in accordance with Sinch group policies
- Monitor financial trends and provide senior management with detailed reports and analysis; advise on problem matters and recommend courses of action designed to correct or reduce their impact
- Direct the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures designed to promote compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, promote internal efficiency and address specific problem areas
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors. Manage the audit relationship and the audit activities throughout the year
- Review external and internal audit findings; make recommendations to address issues
- Ensure all technical accounting updates are implemented throughout entities
- Inspire change and process improvement through the processes within the corporate accounting and compliance related operations
- Participate in acquisition due diligence and integration of acquired businesses
- Support the preparation of public filings as needed in Sweden
The Controller will be an accomplished accounting professional with proven financial skills and solid business acumen. The successful candidate will also have a structured and practical problem-solving orientation, proven success designing, implementing, and managing accounting functions in a large and complex software environment.
- Experience with a growth, SaaS software company with ideal scale of $100M+.
- Experience in publicly-traded company environments and understands pace, rigor, and process in which value is created.
- Experience with acquisition integration and purchase accounting.
- A track record of hiring, developing, and leading A+ teams (managing offshore teams is ideal); ability to retain key contributors and course-correct underperformers.
- A strong technical background, including significant knowledge of current US GAAP and IFRS accounting rules.
- Solid eye for business with experience in supporting revenue growth initiatives.
- Execution-orientation with a strong adherence to deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills and a solution-orientation
- An ability to communicate and liaise with colleagues at all levels within the company.
- An affinity to the timely and accurate production of accounting and operational reports and other metrics.
- Bachelors/master’s degree in accounting
- CPA or equivalent required
- The ideal candidate will reside in or relocate to San Antonio or Austin, TX. If located remote, must be willing to travel to accommodate business needs
- KEEPING YOU HEALTHY: Pathwire offers 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (US). We offer a variety of supplemental plans to meet your individual needs and provide access to telehealth for all participants.
- KEEPING YOU BALANCED: Pathwire provides free virtual counseling resources through our Employee Assistance Programs. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- FINANCIAL SECURITY: We offer an employer match for 401k participants to help you plan for the future (US).
- TAKE A BREAK: We believe performance at work requires balance at home. This is why we provide 5+ weeks of time-off to all employees.
- FAMILY PLANNING: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways and this is why Pathwire offers paid parental leave and family planning support.
- WORK WHERE YOU ARE: It’s not where you work that matters. This is why we provide flexible remote work offerings for most of our roles.
Pathwire embraces diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
(*Colorado Only*) Minimum salary of $175,200 + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.