Joro empowers people to decarbonize their lives. With our mobile app, track, reduce, and offset the emissions of everything you buy. We’re a 10-person startup headquartered in Oakland, CA, backed by top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and the founders of Fitbit, Headspace, and Candy Crush. We are honored to be among TIME100’s Most Influential Companies of 2022.
Want to bring to life the editorial vision that mobilizes millions of people to demand climate action? We’re working on a fresh brand strategy and visual direction, and are looking for a creative and passionate storyteller to bring to life our content, brand voice, and social strategy.
You’ll get real ownership over your work at a fast moving start-up, and work with a tight-knit, fun, and collaborative team that gives a sh*t.
What You’ll Do
- Embody our brand voice. As our resident storyteller, bring our new brand to life with a distinct and authentic voice rooted in both science and empathy.
- Craft content strategy and pillars. Create an editorial strategy that inspires and guides our audience to use their spending choices to rebuild our collective systems.
- Manage the editorial calendar like a pro. Excellent editorial requires clockwork execution. Set up systems to manage our calendar and repurpose content across channels – including in-app, web, social, web, and email – making every word count.
- Write and edit. Write our most important brand copy and longer form stories. Provide crisp editorial oversights over the content deliverables across the broader team of internal and external producers.
- Nurture content partnerships. Develop and manage relationships with a diverse array of influencers and partners. Their voices and audiences will add additional depth to our brand and content strategy.
- Build our social channels. Grow our social handles, followers, and engagement to support the ambitions of our mission and brand.
- Use content and trend analysis to refine strategy. Develop a culture and practice of data driven learnings, insights, and optimization in all aspects of the content strategy and execution to achieve our business goals.
- Creative storyteller. You nerd out on language and love nothing more than crafting a compelling story. You’re equally comfortable writing a deeply researched blog on community solar or wordsmithing brand hooks and ad copy.
- Passionate about climate solutions. You care deeply about the climate crisis and believe in the power of people to change our world. You’re an avid listener, reader, and follower of climate stories and news.
- Wearer of many hats. You thrive when operating in multiple modes – writer, researcher, marketer, strategist, project manager. You have experience producing, managing, publishing, and optimizing content across multiple channels – including social, web, apps, and ads.
- Ambitious and highly organized. You take pride in nailing deadlines with high quality work. You stay organized across all your deliverables while helping members of the team with what they need to be successful. You’re hungry for a fast-moving and scrappy environment in which you can learn quickly and make a big impact.
- Collaborative and empathetic. You build strong relationships and connect with your team with a high degree of empathy and authenticity. You’re excited for team coffee chats and music appreciation Fridays.
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? Research shows that women and marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you’re passionate about what we’re building, please apply. You might be just who we’re looking for.