R-Zero is the first biosafety technology company dedicated to making the indoor spaces we share safer, healthier and more productive. Founded to meet a once-in-a-generation opportunity to rethink how society approaches health in the built environment, we develop the most effective and innovative technologies to create safer, healthier buildings for all. Combining space utilization sensor technology, AI, ML and IoT connected hardware, R-Zero’s intelligent biosafety platform provides first-of-its-kind visibility, automation and smart risk reduction in the indoor environments where humans spend 90% of their time. Today, R-Zero is emerging as a world-leader in delivering category-defining technology to deliver healthier indoor spaces for all.
We are a fast-growing startup, backed by the world-leading experts at Mayo Clinic and thought-leaders across health, hospitality, sports, commercial real estate and impact sectors – including those who have propelled some of the most transformative tech and innovation in history. DBL Partners, World Innovation Lab (WiL), SOSV, and John Doerr have all invested in our vision for a future that prioritizes health in the built environment.
As we grow our team, we’re looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and are motivated to usher in a better future via better buildings. #LI-Remote
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, and execution-focused Content Strategist/Storyteller who wants to help make a difference in enabling a healthier tomorrow—starting today.
Do you love content and content strategy? Do you excel at digging in to build a sense of wonder, cultivating curiosity, elevating brands, and balancing high-level strategy, with in-the-weeds research? How about writing exceptional content in all its various forms? As the content strategist at R-Zero, you’ll report to the VP of Corporate Marketing. Your vision and execution will act as a crucial component of our inbound marketing engine—working to captivate audiences, connect them with brand stories, and drive them to the next steps.
What you’ll do
- Customer connection and empathy are second nature to you—you inspire others to consider different perspectives.
- You don’t see organizational lines as boundaries—you view them as an opportunity to learn and connect.
- Learning is a relentless pursuit for you. Diving in to understand nuance and angles across audiences and industries is second nature.
- Storytelling is what you do, and creating a storyline through content and learning paths is a challenge that you love.
- Data is your middle name. You make decisions based on diverse input and lean on data to understand the path forward.
- You celebrate the successes of others with open arms and big high fives, driving value internally and externally.
In this role, you’ll be partnering with our web director, campaign manager, researchers, graphic designers, and content writers to ensure each team is aligned and driving to a common goal. It’s your job to help educate, research, drive, and create all types of content, develop social posts that elevate brand and engagement, and build a content strategy from the ground up, architecting our digital content transformation.
What type of content would you be creating? Great question!
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a plethora of content types, including everything from SEO content to company-level video scripts. You’ll help build company decks, pitches, web copy, product docs, eye catching ads, and enticing emails.
Oh you love booth builds?? Yeah, we have that too.
Wondering if this is for you? Keep reading…
This is a role for someone who likes to build and drive execution, delivering impact and outcomes that move the business forward. We don’t believe in red tape—we are all owners contributing to the success of our customers and our brand together. Working in collaboration with our web director, you will ensure our product content can be easily consumed, distributed, and leveraged across the full customer and buyer’s journey.
As part of your key responsibilities, you will:
- Create compelling content in brand voice that is focused on customer value, driving education, highlighting outcomes that solve pain points, and driving customer success.
- Develop a multi-dimensional content plan to drive revenue, spread awareness of our solutions, and increase general knowledge in our new category.
- Analyze market narratives and data to identify trends and anticipate the needs of our audience and support the planning and development of content go-to-market strategies.
- Own our organic social channel strategy, management, and guidelines. Follow thought leaders, content channels (publications, social media communities, etc.) and competitive landscape for emerging trends and opportunities.
- Act as a proactive contributor who can independently create, manage, and drive forward a project involving multiple stakeholders—using your incredible influence and collaboration skills.
- Show your excellent communication skills that leave no room for questions—you’re straightforward, you’re candid, and above all, you’re thoughtful and kind.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with subject matter experts in each of R-Zero’s industries: product, marketing, public relations, and design—to build a cohesive content strategy that delivers a unique competitive advantage. We are looking for an individual who will contribute a diverse perspective and bring new ideas to the R-Zero teams.
If you thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, energetic environment and find new categories exciting, we’d love to talk with you!
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of work experience in content marketing and/or brand strategy; B2B
- Outstanding writing, editing, project management, and presenting skills
- Demonstrated experience developing a content strategy framework and editorial calendar; talented omni-channel content strategist (share examples)
- Strong understanding of SEO tactics, technologies, and best practices
- Experience with social media management platforms
- Google Analytics knowledge preferred
- Know the value of an empowering culture and wicked smart team
- Experience in scientific studies and/or technology is a bonus!
This position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At R-Zero, we specifically look for individuals with diverse strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our customers and mission, while helping us grow as a team and individuals.
You’ll love working at R-Zero because of our:
- High-impact mission and purpose-driven team / culture.
- Flexibility to choose how you work – whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in our brand new Salt Lake City HQ, or a combination of the two.
- Competitive salary, startup equity + incentives.
- Excellent healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) covered at 100% for employees, with active enrollment eligibility – so coverage starts on day one.
- We’re in the business of improving human health for all, so the health of every employee and their families is key.
- 401(k) program with zero waiting period, so you can start investing in your future on day one.
- Dedication to deep work on Wednesday – no internal meetings, so you can focus on what’s most important.
- Unlimited time off.
- Company-sponsored quarterly meetups to connect as a team.
Perks are nice, but perks aren’t what makes R-Zero an incredible place to work. It’s our mission, team, and the opportunity to move society forward with impact-driven work that does. At R-Zero, we’re building category-defining technology to solve one of society’s greatest challenges, and our work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams, while feeling well supported in our benefits.
Tied to our science-based mission focused on health and safety, R-Zero maintains a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our employees, partners and our community. Please note that R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer and we will comply with applicable law regarding accommodations.