KCL started in 2009 when two stay-at-home moms decided to cut their grocery bill through couponing. Then they decided to blog about it. We’ve been enabling smart people to live like rich people ever since. In a nutshell: we make it easy to shop smarter.
KCL is seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to create engaging promotional copy and creative to drive content views and conversions. We are looking for someone who is highly collaborative and creative, and who can marry storytelling with analytics to optimize our promotional channels for maximum effectiveness. In other words, we are looking for someone who is invested in our content and in our audience and seeks to be the bridge between them. To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong writing and organizational skills, as well as comfort looking at performance reports.
If you’ve ever been in a studio audience during the filming of a talk show, you’ve seen the person whose job it is to fan the flames of excitement from the audience. They’re like the orchestra conductor but instead of a symphony, they’re fanning cheers, reactions and claps at key moments in the show. This Content Marketing Specialist role at KCL is kinda like that, but instead of cheers, we’re driving clicks to and shares of our content.
If you love to be in a high-energy, hustle-hard work environment where fighting every day for bigger “claps” is your goal, this may be the job for you. If you thrive in environments with fluidity and you’ve got lots of fight to win, we want to talk.
KCL will currently consider remote applicants who reside in the following states: Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Washington, Wisconsin or South Dakota.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to daily online content promotion plans, including content and channel selection, and copy and creative recommendations
- Execute promotion for both rapid-turnaround and longer campaign cycles to effectively promote all types of content, primarily deals and tips
- Produce engaging content to be used across multiple platforms including email, push and social media
- Ensure a consistent brand voice across all reader touch-points while also delivering targeted results
- Analyze campaign-level ROI dashboards to determine opportunities for growth and efficiency
- Identify opportunities to leverage new platforms or creative solutions to fulfill company goals
- Keep a pulse on industry and competitor trends
- Manage ongoing testing efforts to refine content marketing strategies
- Confidence and humility. Confident enough to participate and occasionally run meetings and make decisions. Humble enough to know your own weak spots, to seek to understand and to bring a collaborative spirit.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You will take jumbles of ideas and weave them into an agenda or action item list with headings, subheadings, tasks, and due dates on a daily basis.
- 3+ years’ experience marketing at a media company or digital publication
- Ability to prioritize, work cooperatively and collaborate with cross-functional teams in fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation, ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple projects
- Ability to execute at a tactical and strategic level
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including comfort with data
- Be a team player who is adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-moving and sometimes unpredictable environment
- High levels of integrity and initiative and a passion for saving money
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, WordPress, Google Trends, SEMrush preferred.
We’ve built a unique company culture that combines sarcasm and shenanigans with high productivity and innovation. Our headquarters sit on the greenbelt adjacent to the beautiful Boise River, and yes, our team would love to go on a long walk with you.
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals who can work in a scrappy, fast paced environment, where egos and org charts are not allowed. If you’ve got brains plus drive and you can admit three work tasks you’re genuinely bad at, you have the self-awareness we’re looking for. At KCL, we never expect perfection, only humility and transparency.
If you like autonomy and a challenge, we think you’ll love it here.