Container Operations Associate – M&R (f/m/d)
In the 1950s, global trade changed for good. The invention of the standardized container suddenly meant that transporting goods across the world became affordable. And with that, paved the way for globalization and global wealth. But contrary to the container, most surrounding processes have not been standardised nor innovated—and are still frustratingly complex, manual, and error-prone.
That’s why our ambition is to use technology to simplify the logistics of global trade, making the processes around the container as simple as the container itself. We do that by providing a neutral infrastructure that connects all logistics companies to remove friction and create economic opportunity.
Container Operations Associate (f/m/d) – Maintenance and Repairs
It is an amazing time to be joining xChange as we continue to transform container logistics around the world. We have grown to over 800 paid memberships serving over 2500 locations – ramping it up to 5000 customers by 2022. As our Container Operations Associate, you will run our Container Pickup/Dropoff (PU/DO) operations, and take it to the next level to ensure every customer is experiencing a smooth and simple PU/DO process for all xChange members.
Hence, the ideal candidate is a strong M&R professional with container surveying experience. You are thinking quickly on their feet and at the same time having a drive to improve unnecessary processes imposed by the industry. You run meticulous processes and are trustworthy in all dimensions. Being the operations face of xChange creating the relations with xChange partners, you are a positive people person. You bring proactivity, organization, and planning that
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Run day-to-day operational processes in areas of MnR: damages processing and surveying
- Detect customer issues, work cross-functionally with Customer Success to solve them, and avoid foreseeable pain points in the long run
- Support the improvement of seamless operational processes to accommodate customer needs and simplify users’ access to gate movement data
- Collect and provide feedback on industry process faults and assist with solving operational problems e.g. unannounced delivery, damage return units and related cost etc.
What we’re looking for
- A strong operations person, ideally with first experience in container logistics at a NVOCC or leasing company
- Excellent communication skills in English – you can empathize with stakeholders easily, understand their needs in the process, and are eager to help and learn from them
- IICL qualification is of advantage
- A “builder mentality” with a hands-on attitude and process-oriented mindset – you think quickly on your feet with a drive to improve unnecessary processes
- You are passionate about processes and improvements, you have some experience in streamlining processes with Excel, Google Sheets, or other tools
- Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – you are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to get your hands dirty
What we offer
- You are the first point of contact for our clients in case of questions, comments and problems—and are therefore our “face” in the market
- You have exciting challenges in a dynamic work environment and a high-growth start-up. No day is like the other!
- Your team is young, international, and has extremely flat hierarchies — a great working environment
If this sounds like your future job, all we need is your CV which you can submit through the application link!