We’re looking for a Compliance Specialist for Brazil to support the development and growth of our Brazilian operations by overseeing the Compliance program in accordance with the regulatory requirements and guidance issued by relevant financial regulators. Reporting to our Compliance Manager, this role will support existing services provided to users as well as those we intend to develop in the near future.
- Supporting the development of internal compliance policy review, including ongoing assessments, assisting with compliance review, internal audit reviews and ongoing or ad hoc reviews.
- Assess the impact of new regulatory requirements to existing policies and controls and work across teams to amend same to meet new obligations.
- Contribute to and maintain the policy(ies) and risk assessments that support AML and Sanctions programs.
- Participate in policy implementation to ensure the business operates according to requirements and within risk appetite.
- Making recommendations for enhancing the Bitso`s systems, controls and processes.
- Deal with a robust data environment and promote consistent analysis based on a data-driven mindset equalizing it against regulatories risk and BU’s interests.
- Work towards achieving high performance results, having as the center of your decisions the customer experience and the wellness of the team.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization maintaining close contact with relevant teams across multiple locations.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferable in Law;
- Previous experience in subjects related to the process of “Know your client” and Cadastro, mainly related to banks, Payments Institutions and Fintechs.
- Skills with Regulatory environment and project management.
- Open mindset for discovering new opportunities and challenge the bureaucratic judicial order process;
- Strategic view for identifying previously opportunities and potential risk based on data/ dashboards and metrics
- Professional certification in compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Native Portuguese and fluent English is a must.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.