Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for servicing our software delivery platforms using Microsoft Azure technologies.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Script implementations and configurations
- Monitor, create alerts and report on the environment
- Optimize cost and spend of the Azure environment
- Perform server patching and performance optimization routines
- Participate in new software deployment strategy and delivery
- Lead or assist with multi-regional software distribution
- Ensure a highly available and highly recoverable application platform
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned based on business need
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS or related field
- 2 years of experience with Hands-on Public Cloud (IaaS) and Software as a Service environments
- 2 years Azure or AWS experience with .NET Framework & .NET Core application experience
- Working familiarity with software lifecycle solutions (Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Services)
- Scripting skills (PowerShell, python, ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Multi-Tenant with a centralized management/administration mindset
- Thorough understanding of Azure Active Directory concepts, features, and limitations
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server management and performance techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP – must be able to discuss OSI concepts at length
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT security concepts – must be able to discuss encryption in transit and at rest for all modern protocols and specifications
- Experience with Infrastructure, Network, and Application Security best-practices, including the secure transport and storage of sensitive/private data
- 5 free mental health counseling sessions annually
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options
- Nextech operates as a hybrid work organization – employees may work both from home and the office. Most positions have an expectation of attendance in the corporate office in Tampa, FL on either a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. Frequency of in office work is determined by the department leaders and is subject to change based on business needs. Some positions may be considered 100% remote. The hybrid or remote status of the position will be discussed during the interview process and indicated in the offer letter at the time of the offer.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 10% travel.
- Activities require a significant amount work in front of a computer monitor