A Velir Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is instrumental in crafting and delivering digital and web solutions for our clients and their audiences. BSAs work collaboratively with internal teams, clients and third-party vendors throughout the entire project lifecycle.
The BSA gathers and analyzes business and functional requirements by working directly with our clients and project team members. This individual must be highly analytical and have strong understanding of website technology and business systems. A successful BSA knows how to lead and execute a strategic vision, while paying close attention to details.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Gather business and functional requirements from clients through research and discovery sessions (conference calls and in-person)
- Work with creative teams to translate visual designs into functional and technical specifications for Developers
- Create implementation plans for Web Content Management Systems (WCMS) including Sitecore, Drupal, and Adobe AEM (prior experience with these systems is not required, but any experience with WCMS is a plus)
- Serve as the marketing technologist on web-related project initiatives for our clients
- Collaborate with Developers to articulate solutions and provide assistance during implementation
- Plan and architect data models for organizing large volumes of information
- Work with Developers to create integration plans for connecting the WCMS to a variety of other marketing systems (CRM, Email Marketing, E-Commerce, etc.)
- Educate and train business users on how to operate the solutions that we design, develop and implement
- Consult and advise clients on business decisions that require an understanding of technology implications
Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of SDLC (software development lifecycle) and Agile project management methodologies
- Skilled at creating professional documentation and specifications using modern tools such as Jira/Confluence or MS Office Suite
- Knowledge pertaining to web technologies (i.e., WCMS, APIs, Server Architectures, etc.) a plus
- Ability to lead by proactively identifying risks and resulting actions to mitigate and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work independently
Experience and Education
- 3+ years’ experience as a Web Solutions Architect, Web Product Owner, or Web Product Manager in a professional or client-facing environment (agency experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience or exposure to implementing technology (software, platforms, or systems)
- Experience with project life-cycle management tools (JIRA and Confluence is a plus)
- Experience with system information architecture
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems and integrations (Sitecore, Drupal, AEM) is not essential, but a big plus
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
- Ability to occasionally travel within the United States
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer remote work, competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.