It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us
Our brands, including Yahoo, Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo News & TechCrunch help people communicate, transact, learn, and play while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we’re transforming media for tomorrow, too. We’re creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what’s next in content, advertising, and technology. What you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world
Under the office of the CTO, the Yahoo Platforms Engineering (YPE) group enables all of the Yahoo verticals to develop and deliver the best possible products to our customers globally with the highest standards. Yahoo’s Platforms Engineering organization creates modern, secure, and efficient software platforms to power all of Yahoo’s brands at scale. Within YPE, the Business Operations and Strategy (BOS) team is responsible for maintaining operational excellence. We develop and execute team strategy, create and maintain best-in-class processes and procedures, and coordinate cross-team priorities and initiatives to ensure the highest quality of service for our business partners and key stakeholders.
A Lot About You
The YPE BOS team is looking for a highly qualified business analyst to work in our Business Operations team. From day one, the business analyst will have an immediate impact on our productivity, coordinating and streamlining initiatives, overseeing and improving business processes, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Coordinate activities to extend and scale AWS and GCP cloud standards, services, and governance to engineering teams in Media who will be migrating to AWS, as part of Yahoo’s Digital Transformation.
- Liaise between the BU engineering teams, relevant YPE engineering teams, and cloud vendor (AWS) for consolidated planning
- Support JIRA reporting to see progress in setting up AWS across multiple engineering teams
- Translate learnings from AdTech migrations to the upcoming Media migrations to AWS
- Integrate solutions and standards into the Dev Guide as best practices
- Develop and track OKR resource plans for Platforms Engineering
- Liaise directly with the CTO-level business operations team
- Evaluate, evolve, and elevate the Developer Productivity business operations function in YPE
- Consult on Dev Productivity business process changes as needed to improve efficiency and efficacy
- 3+ years in a business analyst or business operations role
- Demonstrated expertise maintaining and reporting on your teams’ financial metrics (e.g., headcount, OpEx, CapEx) and work closely with key FP&A partners
- Experience communicating across organizational levels, including C-suite leadership
- Fundamental understanding of cloud services, preferably AWS or GCP.
- Proficiency with project management tools like Jira, Confluence, and G-Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on AI or other emerging technology projects
- Industry experience within Media or Technology
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $72,750.00 – $151,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.