We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo aims to build the most accessible, actionable collection of healthcare data in the industry. As we are maturing, we are investing in our user experience to create rich and intuitive web interfaces to bring users closer to our data. Our diverse clients have a range of familiarity with healthcare technicalities and we strive to provide a dynamic interface designed to be simple enough for a layperson while also allowing power users to explore our data with all the depth and sophistication they require.
As a Business Operations Analyst, you will play as a contributor to the implementation and deployment of complex healthcare data analytics solutions. You will be the first stop for all things “data” related to engineering & product operations, budgets, dashboards, process work-flows, analytics, etc.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Leverage large, complex datasets to develop real-time analyses and measure business impact
- Built user-friendly dashboards that streamline operational processes and effectively monitor business performance
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team to implement recommendations that drives desired outcomes
- Document the key functional requirements through discussions with key stakeholders. Create user flows to extract structured data for reporting and analytics
- Gain strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Managed forecasts/budgets and done data modeling to bring insights to the leadership team
- Enhance communication skills, including business writing and presentations
What you bring to Komodo
- Proficiency in a programming language such as SQL or Python (another other languages that allow you to perform your role)
- Some experience with software tools and resources like AWS, Snowflake, DBT, etc.
- Some course level experience with basic data structures
- Familiar with BI tools like DOMO, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Open minded and coachable to work through developing and deploying code as part of a team
- We hope you are passionate about our mission and technology
- We hope you own your work and be accountable
- Expertise! We do not need you to know everything, but we hope you have deep knowledge in at least one area and can start contributing quickly. And we would love to learn from you in your area(s) of expertise
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.