Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a newsletter writer to join our Axios Business team!
Why it matters: We are looking for a talented and collaborative journalist to help lead our afternoon business newsletter, Axios Closer. This person will report and write on the biggest business stories of the day and will help package them into a must-read daily product. A successful candidate for this job will be well sourced, able to land definitional scoops, and also illuminate the most important trends.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Axios’ mission. The following skills are also required:
- A subject matter expert on a broad range of markets, business and finance topics
- Demonstrated experience landing big scoops and conceptualizing big ideas
- Strong source base and ability to produce exclusive content
- Positive attitude and reporting experience in a fast-paced newsroom
- A commitment to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive environment
- Exceptional writing abilities
- A belief in Smart Brevity as the core writing style of Axios
- Highly collaborative mindset
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.