Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a business development intern and working hand in hand with our VP Sales, you will be responsible for strategic projects that originate in the sales/commercial departments but usually span across departments in their impact and stakeholder involvement. Projects might aim to boost revenue (e.g. help set-up new marketing initiatives together with the marketing team, build a competitive pricing model for our products), drive efficiency (e.g. create KPI dashboards, implement scalable processes for the team, build a customer help bot) or tackle organisational topics (e.g. create onboarding plan for new Sales-Billievers). They are strategic, operational and analytical in nature and we expect you to drive these projects end-to-end from conceptualisation to delivery with the support of our VP Sales. As a business development intern, you will:
- Identify, conceptualize and implement key strategic projects that drive strong business value, in close alignment with and reporting to our VP Sales
- Act as an entrepreneur and deliver hands-on impactful solutions that are meaningful to the organisation
- Work closely with senior management and collaborate with stakeholders from various departments, e.g. with marketing, product or operations
- Predict and analyse the impact of your projects and present the results to the team, senior management or wider company audience
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Internship or first work experiences in a high-growth tech startup, management consulting, investment banking or a strategic/entrepreneurial role in a similar results-oriented setting
- You think and act as an entrepreneur — You are highly motivated to take ownership, find hands-on solutions and drive impactful results
- You are comfortable in a high-performance, fast-paced environment
- You are data-driven and do not shy away from finding and using numbers to make smart decisions
- You have a passion about innovation and startups and developments in the FinTech space
- You are fully fluent in English (written and spoken); German proficiency is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.