Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
– Drive access and inclusivity
– Build a better system
– Own the solution
– Iterate and experiment
– Succeed together
Overview of Role
Climb is seeking a data-savvy and detail-oriented business analyst to ensure efficient running and growth of our loan origination and payments platforms. Reporting to the Director of Platform Products, your responsibilities will include understanding and improving our underwriting and decisioning systems, loan pricing methodology and internal config tools.
An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for technology and a background in financial services. To excel in this role, you should also have strong decision making and problem-solving skills. Your work will be highly impactful in supporting our student lending business and your contributions will directly influence Climb’s strategy and expansion. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to transition into a FinTech product manager role.
- Document, validate, and troubleshoot underwriting and loan pricing processes
- Work closely with the director of product to propose changes to the above processes and systems; promote a culture of process simplification as a priority
- Facilitate meetings to gather and refine business requirements
- Work cross-functionally, internally and externally, to create increased efficiencies in loan operations
- Analyze data to perform root cause analysis of system issues
- Write test cases to validate system processes
- Grow into a product manager role at Climb
Your Background & Skills
- 2-4 years of experience working in corporate finance, credit risk, or management consulting
- Working knowledge of financial accounting or credit risk, as they pertain to loan products, preferred
- SQL experience preferred
- Microsoft Power BI experience preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a detail-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- The ideal candidate will have a team-first mindset, will be excited to join a fast-growing startup, and will be decisive in taking action in solving company-wide issues
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Company equity
- Annual education stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Health benefits (coverage for medical, dental, and vision costs, life insurance, and more)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- “Light Meeting Fridays” year-round
- “Summer Friday” afternoons off
- Paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual team events
- DoorDash Wednesdays
- 401k with company match
Climb earned a spot on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2020!
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 40 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.