Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for a Brand Strategist to work across and support many functions within the Etsy Marketing team, and help build impactful strategies and frameworks that drive our business.
As the Brand Strategist, you will use data, trends, business and consumer understanding to develop brand messaging that drives both short and long term impact.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in our Brooklyn, NY office, reporting to the Global Brand Strategy Lead. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role you will:
- Build strong Brand narratives for quarterly marketing strategy and cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Help create and present thoughtful and provocative creative briefs, brand POV and communications frameworks based on insights from consumer research, brand understanding and marketplace data
- Ensure Brand Positioning is meaningfully incorporated into all marketing and creative briefs and ensure existing Brand narratives are being applied across channels and brought to life in all creative executions
- Unearth powerful insights to break through and differentiate Etsy from competitors
- Guide teams towards more focused and cohesive messaging and execution across creative assets.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build communications frameworks and hierarchies for integrated marketing campaigns
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity and keep a finger on the pulse of existing and emerging consumer and cultural trends
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you’ll bring:
- 5 years of experience working in marketing/advertising (agency experience required, client/in-house experience a plus)
- Experience developing brand strategies, key messages, messaging frameworks and marketing strategies
- Experience working on integrated campaigns that include TV, digital/social, on-site, email etc. (understanding of comms planning and product strategy a plus)
- Ability to translate complex business goals into compelling Brand Strategies that drive breakthrough creative copy, content and execution
- Strong ability to utilize data, trends, market and consumer research to identify insights, opportunities and positions of power for the brand
- Strong understanding of process and ability to simplify and focus information for creative teams and inspire development of strong tactics
- Problem solver, creative visionary, head + heart approach to Brand Strategy, passion for pop culture, subcultures, trends and current events
- Self-motivated, collaborative, empathetic, relationship-builder with strong communication skills
- Ability to work EST hours (9am-6pm)
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.