Super provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SuperTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein Fazal on Super’s Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment – we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Super accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role
Our backend engineering team owns our search and booking engines, tackling the most complex performance, scalability, and infrastructure challenges at the company. The search engine handles over 1000 requests/second, ingests over 1TB/day of data and processes over $1MM/day in sales, while maintaining a 99.9+% uptime.
As a member of the team you will:
• Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment
• Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
• Own features, services, caches, and databases, including: deployment, monitoring, debugging, and testing
• Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews
• Mentor junior developers
• Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
• Be data-driven, running experiments for nearly everything you launch
- We use a state of the art architecture powered by micro-services, written primarily in Python (Flask and Quart Framework), Redis, and Postgres for storage with a focus on scalability and maintainability
- We use Gitlab for version control, build CI/CD pipelines using docker with Kubernetes runners, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS
- We develop data pipelines (DAGs) and use Airflow to schedule and run them
- We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using Datadog, and integrate this data into creating self-healing systems
- We log application-level information using a proprietary logging pipeline, and leverage data analysis using Snowflake & Looker to facilitate data-driven decision making and experimentation
Challenges You’ll Solve
- You will build scalable, fault-tolerant, and performant web services, caches, databases, and uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews and providing insightful feedback
- You will be looked to as an owner for services and databases, including deployment, monitoring, debugging, testing, while working with others to develop new functionality, and tackling system design challenges
- You will participate in cross-team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
- You will have the opportunity to mentor junior developers
- You will tackle high-impact projects in a fast-paced environment, with the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics
- You have 2+ years backend software development, and preferably 1+ years of work experience in Python, Java, Node.js, or Go
- You are interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning
- You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive projects end-to-end
- You have experience working with microservices, caches, and databases, and are comfortable tackling system design challenges
- You enjoy working as part of an agile team, contributing to standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning
- You look forward to working on cross-team projects
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more