Wanderu is the leading ground travel search in North America and soon the rest of the world. Our mission is to allow people to travel between any two places focusing on the hardest to find modes of transportation primarily bus and train. This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time. We have seen tremendous growth in both sales and new opportunities in 2022 coming out of the pandemic, and we are looking to expand our team to capture this wave of travel demand.
Wanderu is a company that values and promotes diversity, founded by first generation immigrants and led by a 40% female executive team including our CEO. Wanderu is a fully remote company that supports our employee’s choice to find their best fitting work environment.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our distributed team members never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are currently looking for a mid-level backend engineer who, along with the rest of the backend engineers, will help design, develop, improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our entire platform and backend systems. You will build features and make bug fixes idependently; collaborate with frontend and other engineers to develop more substantial features; write unit and integration tests; and deploy your own code to our production servers.
- 5+ years of engineering experience as a backend software engineer in high-traffic Internet-based products, preferably in a microservice-based environment
- Experience in building fast, reliable and scalable (quality) implementations independently with the appropriate testing coverage.
- Deep understanding of a modern programming language such as Python
- Experienced with Cloud-based infrastructures like AWS
- Expertise in developing REST API
- Passion for leading cross-cutting technical initiatives to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
- Ample experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Experience mentoring engineers and leading code reviews
- Proficient in designing systems and relational database schema design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques.
- CI/CD/pipeline tools such as Jenkins or Rundeck
- Health benefits including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit from the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Compensated travel tickets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.