We are looking for an attorney to join the Olo Legal Team and support Olo’s sales, customer success, product, engineering and security teams.
We want people who are passionate about applying their legal expertise to analyze real-world issues, while always being creative and practical in identifying solutions. We’re not practicing law in an ivory tower here – our colleagues look to us to assess risk and provide legal guidance, but also to understand business needs and keep Olo’s interests at the forefront.
Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, the Associate General Counsel, Commercial and Product will be an important part of a dynamic team that serves a crucial role at Olo. You will handle daily legal issues facing Olo, frequently working with other teams across Olo. This is an incredible opportunity to join a team and company undergoing expansion and learn a range of skills that are important for any in-house attorney.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Provide guidance to product and engineering teams on issues related to new and existing products and features throughout the entire product development lifecycle;
- Identify legal issues in product development plans and customer agreements, and work with the appropriate teams to create solutions and minimize risk;
- Help manage existing contract expirations, renewals, non-renewals, extensions, and amendments;
- Engage strategically in risk assessment/mitigation, develop new approaches to legal issues to support our business goals, and communicate sound, understandable legal and business recommendations to the various internal stakeholders you support;
- Provide practical, creative legal advice
- Work closely with the teams charged with generating business and proactively establish relationships with other departments including Marketing, Finance, Product, Security and Engineering;
- Help draft and update contract templates;
- Lead and participate in projects to increase the efficiency of commercial legal support and help scale the legal function;
- Help create legal policy and process across the organization as it matures and grows;
- Respond to inquiries on contract interpretation and compliance; and
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a broad range of legal topics.
What We’ll Expect From You
- JD degree with 6+ years of relevant legal experience at a top law firm (in-house experience preferred);
- Membership in good standing in at least one state bar (New York preferred);
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements;
- You can assess legal risk while providing practical advice;
- Experience creatively solving problems, taking into account legal risk and business needs;
- Comfort taking ownership of projects and working on cutting-edge legal issues; and
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!