WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and helping thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build people-powered movements.
We’re a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
We are currently hiring for two Executive Assistant roles, one of which will support ActBlue’s Director of Communications & Marketing, the other of which will support ActBlue’s Director of Customer Service. Both roles will prioritize areas of impact that support ActBlue’s operational plan and the small-dollar donor movement. This role will report directly to the department director and utilize a unique skill set to help keep the department’s work moving forward, through scheduling and administrative support, helping to build team culture in a remote-first environment, and helping to set up processes that help ensure a smooth workflow across the various teams of these departments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Calendaring & Administrative Support
- Manage the daily and weekly calendar for the department director, including but not limited to scheduling internal recurring team and one-on-one meetings. Manage team and department calendars; provide more limited calendar support to other department leaders.
- Help maintain overall project and message calendars with deadlines for various teams.
- Proactively manage the department director’s monthly and quarterly calendars so they are synced to the organization’s broader strategic priorities.
- Prepare the department director for weekly commitments and meetings, and ensure she has relevant materials, IT-enabled equipment, and logistics support.
Meeting Support (Internal & External)
- Drive and own operational and technical logistics for department meetings including team meetings, off-site meetings, and external events and meetings.
- Take clear, actionable notes for department or cross-department meetings, and ensure that all do-outs are communicated and documented clearly.
- Help prepare the department director and other team leaders for upcoming meetings and events by assisting with presentations, talking points, and other necessary materials.
- Plan and book work-related domestic travel arrangements for team leaders, including managing costs and expense reimbursement actions.
- Perform other administrative projects and specific duties as requested.
- Provide meeting and administrative support to other team leaders as time allows and as is needed.
- Handle logistics for team-wide events, including but not limited to brainstorming ways to maintain community in a remote-first working environment.
- Build, organize and maintain team processes, projects, and other documentation in Google Drive, Confluence, and Airtable; support documentation of team processes.
- Support project management efforts.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- One to two years of experience working in a professional environment is required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and/or with a senior leadership coordinator role.
- Self-starter mentality: capable of working independently, but motivated by contributing to ActBlue’s goals and mission.
- Problem-solver approach: can identify problems and figure out the best solution to work through them with limited guidance.
- Clear and compassionate written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and high fidelity to follow up and follow through.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is preferred.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This posting is for a full-time, remote, salaried position. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $53,000 – $79,000 based on experience
Bargaining Unit position: The terms and conditions of this position may be subject to a collective bargaining agreement with the Campaign Workers Guild, the exclusive bargaining agent of covered ActBlue employees.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including quarterly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue cannot sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.