Who We Are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career-advancing education more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before.
Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding.
We provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power.
Climb Credit’s mission is to expand access to career advancing education and we aim to do this for all communities. Therefore, we are committed to building a workforce that’s a representation of our learners. Climb fosters an inclusive work environment to all its employees; We celebrate diverse representation and diverse thinking.
To further this commitment, we’ve set a goal to promote inclusivity and equity in our workplace internally and with schools and financing providers externally. We do this through our company DEI Taskforce meetings to work through these initiatives. Climb acknowledges its power in providing access to educational opportunities and the positive impact of diversity, which is why we have taken on this commitment to push forward this work. We encourage our employees to be their most authentic selves and strive to create, nurture and sustain an inclusive culture for our employees and learners.
– Drive access and inclusivity
– Build a better system
– Own the solution
– Iterate and experiment
– Succeed together
Overview of Role
We are looking for a promising quantitative financial analyst who is excited to join the Quantitative Modeling & Analytics team within the Capital Markets group at a fast-growing startup. The ideal candidate will have a strong finance and credit markets background, experience with analytical tools & technology, and a track record of producing insights and providing clear and actionable analysis for various stakeholders.
As part of the Quantitative Modeling team, you will:
-Analyze loan performance data and detect trends.
-Build performance, pricing and risk models for loans and structured credit investors.
-Streamline systems to improve data collection, accuracy and analysis.
-Work with investors and other stakeholders on reporting and data requests.
-Design, implement and test risk management policies and procedures.
-Create forecasting, stress and scenario analysis tests.
-Support the development of loan underwriting models that drive loan originations while minimizing credit losses.
-Collaborate intimately with internal teams on product development as well as cross-functionally to support company goals.
Your Background and Skills
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, in particular fixed income, credit and structured products.
- 2-5 years of experience in a financial markets / research or data scientist role.
- 2+ years experience using Python to build financial models, run statistical analysis and automate Excel-based processes.
- 2+ years experience with SQL and data visualization tools.
- 2+ years of experience with data manipulation and analysis with large data sets.
- 1+ years experience with fixed income cash flow waterfall modeling
- Willingness to take initiative and solve problems with limited direction.
- Ability to think critically and challenge assumptions.
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
- Values diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
Nice to Have:
- Product knowledge and experience in fixed income securities, particularly student loans.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree in a quantitative field, such as quantitative finance, financial engineering, data science, econometrics, etc.
- Demonstrated passion for Climb’s mission to expand access to quality education
- The capability of expanding quickly into larger responsibilities as the company grows rapidly
Our Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- Company equity
- Annual education stipend
- Work from Home stipend
- Health benefits (coverage for medical, dental, and vision costs, life insurance, and more)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work
- “Light Meeting Fridays” year-round
- “Summer Friday” afternoons off
- Paid parental leave
- In-person and virtual team events
- DoorDash Wednesdays
- 401k with company match
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.