Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,100 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1,000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We are looking to hire an eager and skilful Application Security Engineer. This individual will support our Security Team in providing security support for our development houses and ensure the privacy and security of confidential business and personal information.
- Draft security requirements for systems, services or integrations needed by Flywire
- Collaborate frequently with different engineering teams to identify and address security issues
- Perform technical tasks on the change and integration reviews
- Contribute to automated security controls we are building
- Have a part in every aspect of the software development lifecycle
Here’s What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of application security experience (some of the things that will be useful are: source code auditing, threat modeling, product assessments, vulnerability research, development of security tools and automation)
- Influence the design and implementation of upcoming products and services with security and privacy by design mindset
- A “breaker” mentality, but effective at crafting the mitigating controls
- Working experience in authentication technologies, including OAuth, SAML, and SSO
- General knowledge of applied cryptography
- Familiar with cloud technologies and containerization of applications in the cloud
- Understanding of OWASP security concepts and common application security risks, such as XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, Cookie Manipulation, etc
- Experience with web application security, DevSecOps and/or secure SDLC
- Provide hands-on remediation guidance to development teams
- Proven interpersonal skills: ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, so you will need to have strong communication and collaboration skills, and most importantly, empathy.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 14 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.