Are you open, curious, passionate about agile software development, organized, and goal-oriented? We need an experienced, collaborative agile professional to coach teams in effective agile practices, while also providing technical project management, with an agile-friendly approach, for cross-team product+engineering projects.
Our ideal candidate has strong agile coaching experience, as well as expertise in scaled agile approaches to projects. They have strong opinions about software project management tools, with an underlying philosophy that tools support work processes, rather than the inverse.
Reporting to the Director Engineering Effectiveness, the Agile Coach / Technical Project Manager will execute on strategic Product + Engineering initiatives as well as supporting corporate initiatives within Product + Engineering. In addition, this role will work closely with Product + Engineering leadership, IT, and Strategy & Operations to optimize our tools for frictionless execution and reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Champion collaborative, iterative, product-driven software development practices
- Train and coach teams on planning, execution, and success
- Support execution of corporate strategic and operational priorities within engineering
- Coordinate planning and execution for cross-team build projects, in service of product and engineering leadership
- Look for, initiate and nurture innovative approaches to software delivery
- Work closely with engineering leaders to provide radical transparency, support, and solutions to common engineering execution challenges
What We’ll Expect From You
- An internalized agile mindset, advocating for modern agile software development and organizational practices
- Experience and expertise in agile project management approaches (Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe, Lean, etc.), and the ability and flexibility to adapt your approach to fit team and context
- Expert knowledge and administration of agile tools, particularly Jira, with the mission to make the tool as invisible as possible
- Facilitation, coaching, and mentoring skills with respect to rapid delivery of quality software
- Ability and energy to find creative solutions to problems
- Systems thinking perspective, with an intuitive grasp of short and long term impacts of solutions
- Agile certifications (PSM/CSM or PSPO/CSPO)
- Excellent planning and execution of strategic initiatives across the organization, engaging stakeholders early and often, and trackings risks until mitigated
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!