Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
As an Account Manager at Platform.sh you will be working with the existing Enterprise clients to build upon their relationships, understand their needs, and uncover new opportunities for projects and engagements. In this role, you will position Platform.sh as a strategic partner that can help fuel their growth by building amazing digital experiences on our platform. You will learn the in’s and out’s of your client’s business and recommend innovative solutions that will set them apart from competitors. In this role, you will work both independently and collaboratively to achieve revenue targets while attaining exemplary client satisfaction scores within your accounts.
This is a remote position, however, we require applicants to reside in Europe (EMEA). Resumes and communication must be submitted in English, and you are ideally a French native speaker.
What you can expect to do
Account Managers are key players in the development and execution of client account plans. You will develop a strategy to establish mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships that position Platform.sh as a trusted partner. While acting as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients you will work collaboratively with our Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Product teams to efficiently fulfill client needs. The Account Manager is integral in the continued success of Platform.sh and achieving our rapid growth goals.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Platform.sh
- Learn Platform.sh model, our team members, and our story
- Begin our 1-1 sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method
- Become acquainted with cross-functional teams to grow client relationships
In The First Month, Expect To
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios
- Begin to have calls with clients, understand the business partners involved in the relationship on both sides, and identify where we can help partner companies grow
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Complete introductory calls with the client base and establish or update account plans for each
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, business partners, and team members in these accounts
- Begin to uncover new opportunities with clients that result in revenue-generating engagements for Platform.sh
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on accounts, ensure customer happiness, and support the team working with these customers
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Build upon existing client relationships, expand Platform.sh partnership with existing accounts, and execute account plans
- Expand the scope of engagements at all accounts to incorporate new verticals and new projects
- Establish a strong history of increased business across this set of accounts
In The First Year, Expect To
- Have built an incredible client account portfolio, with a shown history of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Platform.sh, our model and how proper account management practices can improve relationships and increase revenue
- Continue to expand an account portfolio, accelerate growth in current accounts, and utilize the full suite of capabilities Platform.sh has to offer
What you bring
- Experienced: 3-5 years of experience in account management and relationship-building with small to medium companies with a track record of success
- Critical thinking: the capability to critically think through the challenges clients face and business challenges. Apply this understanding to build opportunities to develop those accounts
- Client-Centric: be driven to build strong relationships and be committed to the client’s success. This extends to the solutions we provide, the experience we offer, and the outcomes we deliver
- Resourceful: think about a portfolio as a business – we want self-starters who are passionate about building this portfolio of accounts, and who thrive with the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business
- Collaborative: nothing we do is done in isolation. Success at Platform.sh is determined by being able to work as a team both within Platform.sh and within client accounts
- Proactive: a self-starter that will exhibit ownership of accounts, successes, and failures. While also understanding our mission and doing the work required to drive us to that goal, without being told. Not reactive, but anticipates roadblocks, and thinks several steps ahead of a problem
- Problem Solver: we are a distributed company so life throws in minor challenges beyond the primary problems this person is meant to tackle. We are looking for someone who can take those in stride and persist despite setbacks
- Priorities: understand the priorities and timelines associated with each client, and to execute appropriately with those in mind
- English & French language, either at a strong professional level, or as native languages
What we bring as a team
- You will get a dedicated and personalized onboarding experience and support on a daily basis
- We arrive with a point of view, but leave with a solution
- We like what we do, we do what we like
Sound Like a Good Fit? We’d love to talk to you!
* This is a remote job
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
As a side effect of teams being spread across time zones, you may have to tolerate occasional early morning meetings if you live in the Americas, or late afternoon meetings if you live in an EMEA country*. We do our best to accommodate time zones but there are preferred hours for certain roles and teams. The team you interview with will be able to give you a clear idea of their collaborative hours.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only)
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers
About our recruitment process
We don’t expect a great hire to meet every requirement we have listed. If you can see yourself elevating the team we want to hear about your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 1-4 interviews on Google Meet. We leave the process fairly customizable to teams and roles, so in some scenarios we’re able to streamline the process to have minimal rounds. Expect a higher number of rounds for director level roles and above.
Additionally, you can schedule coffee chats with potential future peers while you’re in the recruitment process to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with your best working environment.
All roles require background checks.
About our software
We are the most unified, secure, enterprise-grade platform for building, running and scaling fleets of websites and applications. Platform.sh is trusted by 5,000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.