Today, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help Yat Labs design the future of emoji identities. You’ll collaborate with other designers, design-oriented engineers, and product managers. You will be a core part of a small team that designs new features for Yat, from proposing initial concepts to helping ship high-quality features. You will be contributing to all aspects of product design and execution, including (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping). We look for problem solvers and great designers that can deliver beautiful visuals and are not afraid to take risks.
if that sounds like you, join us.
- You care deeply about communication, teamwork, and craftsmanship.
- You proactively bring people together to solve problems.
- You’re an excellent product storyteller.
- You are a systems-thinker and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- You’re a pro collaborator, facilitator, and communicator.
- You love personal growth as much as you live, eat and breathe product design.
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it is pixel-perfect.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Intrigued by the prospect of working at a consumer startup that’s at the intersection of digital identity, emojis, privacy, the creator economy, and NFTs, and is led by a founding team with significant prior success and deep industry credibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Support design projects across the entire product lifecycle for mobile, web, and desktop platforms and from wireframes to hi-fi prototypes.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Understand our users through exploratory research.
- Help develop an overarching design system to aid rapid development and iteration.
- Solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Support contributions from external contributors.
- Extend existing visual styles and design patterns to new components and features.
- 3+ years experience
- A compelling portfolio of work demonstrates high-quality design work that tells a story that you are a deep design thinker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to make product visions come to life.
- A skilled storyteller and ‘conceptor’ with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results
- Understanding and application of user-centered design methods and principles.
- Ability to deeply empathize with different kinds of users.
- Experience running and consuming UX research
- Experience with branding and marketing
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- An Oculus Quest 2 – Our Employee Engagement events happen in VR
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That’s all to say: these job listings are approximations!
If you’re a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn’t a 100% fit, don’t worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.