$150k – $200k • No equity
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers news and insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role
We are building a world-class research team at Blockworks to provide deep coverage of crypto assets to our audience of professional investors.
Blockworks is looking for a Director of Research to launch and scale this research team. As our Director of Research, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of analysts who create in-depth reports about various crypto assets and protocols, NFTs, metaverse projects, stablecoins, publicly traded crypto companies, and more.
Your responsibilities will include crafting a go to market strategy for the product, including market and customer segmentation, as well as working closely with our product team to ensure a best in class platform.
Your day to day will be split between conducting your own research, managing a team of analysts, and interfacing with product to develop and take our platform to market.
We are looking for someone with 3+ years of crypto experience. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York office. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
In this role, you will report directly to our Co-founder and will:
- Develop a go to market strategy for the product including customer segmentation, market segmentation, product focus, and profitability modelling
- Produce research and manage a team of analysts to produce industry leading quality research in Blockworks’ chosen verticals
- Interface directly with product and provide feedback on what the ideal research platform should look like
- Conduct personal research and guide the direction of analysts to relevant topics including but not limited to developer activity, scaling and interoperability, DAO governance and infrastructure, NFT infrastructure and market dynamics, DeFi protocol development, bitcoin mining, and more
- Communicate with our institutional audience about the state of the crypto industry and where it is moving
- Work with data to form analyses and explain them in charts and other data visualizations that are easy for our audience to understand
- Wear many hats, contribute to many projects, and adapt to the needs of a new team at a growing organization
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years experience in crypto, traditional finance, consulting or data analytics
- Passion for crypto, including a willingness to research new topics and change your opinions
- Domain expertise about topics like DeFi, NFTs, layer 1s, and more
- Capable of working with data and deriving conclusions from it
- Ability to swiftly comprehend complex topics and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write long-form research about complex narratives and ideas in a way that is clear, cohesive, accurate, and can be understood by a general audience.
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to swiftly comprehend complex topics
- Bonus: Data visualization skills using SQL, R or Python
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email email@example.com with “Head of Research + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org