About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join as our second technical hire. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating our member and practitioner-facing experiences from scratch. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a mission-driven company trying to promote better health outcomes. We are looking for a mission-driven collaborator who is a strong and willing written communicator with experience in making foundational technical decisions and building at the 0-to-1 stage.
You likely have 5-7 or more years of experience as a software engineer and we are looking for someone with strong software engineering fundamentals, experience building systems from scratch, and experience launching and maintaining product features in production.
As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. When it comes to product and code, we’re looking to work with experienced people who can pick a problem and solve it.
These are not requirements but describe someone who might be a great fit for WellTheory and this role:
- Customer-centric. You are singularly focused on customer needs throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Experienced in making foundational technical decisions at an early stage. You’ve built products or large features from scratch and know how to navigate the murky startup waters.
- Strong written communicator. Since we are a small team and fully remote, creating documentation to help others ramp up easily will be key.
- Battle-tested. You nerd out on building robust systems that help provide consistent value, and you have had to launch & maintain such systems in a production environment with real users for an extended period of time.
- Mission-driven prioritization. You’re skilled at juggling multiple tasks and have a strong intuition about how to prioritize effectively.
- Bias to experimentation. You like building proof of concepts to help validate new features and either moving on if they don’t solve a problem or scaling them up to production.
- Operate like a good helicopter. You can toggle between 10,000 foot and 10 foot views easily and know when to alternate between strategy and execution mode based on what problems you’re facing and which teammate you’re speaking to.
- Bonus if you’ve worked in healthcare or really care about driving health outcomes in the autoimmune or women’s health space
WellTheory is an early-stage startup on a mission to reverse the autoimmune epidemic. To do that, we are building an evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle coaching membership to help folks with autoimmune disease reduce their symptoms and achieve healing.
Autoimmune conditions cost the US healthcare system $100B each year, and they disproportionately affect women. Since health is 80% lifestyle-driven, there is a huge healing impact of food, movement, stress management, and sleep on autoimmune conditions.
We are remote-first and use asynchronous tools like Loom and Notion to collaborate across time zones and maximize heads down time.
- Location: Remote
- Reports to: Founding Engineer
- What we offer: competitive salary and equity, interesting and challenging work, unlimited PTO, 9 paid holidays, a 9-day full office closure at the end of the year, health/dental/vision insurance, health FSA, home office stipend, regular team events and off-sites
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Resume or LinkedIn
- What is your unique superpower?
- What’s your favorite health or wellness-related topic to nerd out on and why?
Once we receive your application, we’ll respond within 24 hours.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At WellTheory, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com