Marketing at Substack
- Drive successful product launches through strong cross-functional leadership, clear positioning and messaging, and solid creative work.
- Help both writer and reader audiences understand our product, its virtues, and why we’ve built it.
- Create lean cross-functional processes to coordinate product, communications, and partnerships, and deliver clear and consistent messages through all channels.
- Lead the production of creative including videos, landing pages, blog posts, emails, social posts, and partnership outreach materials.
- Manage production partners to develop assets and execute launch campaigns.
- Define and integrate the Substack voice, mission, and brand into creative work.
- Partner with leadership and Communications to define, support, and own long-term communication and brand goals for Substack and its products, and across writer and reader audiences.
- Define annual and quarterly messaging strategy with Communications, own the calendar, define goals for each launch, event, or announcement, and create the strategic narratives.
- Create unique Substack writer events, manage event production partners, schedules, timelines, and budgets.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing
- 5 years of experience building and managing a team of product marketing managers
- B2C marketing experience is required, and developer or creator marketing is preferred
- Proven experience partnering with PR/Comms to develop brand and marketing strategyExperience in cross-functional stakeholder management
- Experience with project management and effectively delivering multiple projects in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated experience leading through influence
- Strong problem-solving, strategic, and analytical capabilities combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status), age, national origin, veteran or disability status. We’re seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we’d love to meet you.