Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our news, research, newsletters, podcasts, data, and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets.
About the Role:
We’re hiring a VP Marketing to scale Blockworks into the largest media and information brand in crypto.
You and your team will be responsible for managing multiple functions across the business and ultimately owning the growth of all of our channels. This includes our newsletters, research platform, events, podcasts, social media channels, website, and more.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional who has successfully held at least a Director of Marketing role and managed a team. You should ideally have experience growing media channels (ex: newsletters, podcasts) and a knowledge of crypto.
Although we are a remote company, New York area candidates are preferred. This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will manage the marketing team and will:
- Craft and oversee the execution of Blockworks’ marketing strategy, including customer segmentation, channel strategy, and tactical planning
- Work with the founders to define Blockworks’ brand architecture and positioning in the market
- Interface with the C-Suite to build and and manage a team of experienced marketers
- Work cross-functionally with other team leads, including:
- Our EiC to help drive traffic to our editorial site
- Sales and events to monitor competitors, enhance marketing materials and support new product development
- Research to drive new product subscriptions
- Analyze, improve and optimize our marketing software stack
- Manage and coordinate launch plans for new initiatives
- Prepare monthly reporting of metrics and key initiatives for Executive Team
- Strong leader with a proven track record
- Experience leading and growing marketing teams (at least Director of Marketing or above)
- Killer sense for marketing and growth
- Brand marketing expertise
- Knowledge (or at least passion) of crypto, including a nuanced understanding of crypto marketing vs. traditional marketing
- Experience scaling media channels through data driven growth plans
Salary & Benefits
We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, fully paid parental leave, remote work-station stipend, commuter benefits, learning stipend, team happy hours and outings, generous vacation and PTO policy, and a commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email email@example.com with “VP Marketing + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org