At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
We are growing our Brand Marketing team at Vercel to creatively solve some of Vercel’s largest business challenges through visual design! The Brand Marketing team is Vercel’s dynamic internal creative agency embedded within the marketing organization. We support the entire customer journey through a combination of data, instinct, and craft to increase brand awareness and drive sales. The brand marketing team develops and defends our brand expression, builds all the creative for our advertising channels, integrated marketing campaigns, and content experiences.
We are looking for a curious, talented brand/marketing designer with outstanding online and offline campaign experience who’s passionate about building brands and telling the Vercel story. As a member of Brand Marketing you will work closely with our Brand Marketing design manager, and teams across marketing, product, sales and all of Vercel to create integrated, effective programs. You will ideate, design and implement creative solutions that align with Vercel’s roadmap. With a start-up approach and your full range of skills in graphic design, let’s explore and push the boundaries of what’s possible to grow the Vercel brand!
What You Will Do:
- Dream up, design, and create illustrations & visual assets for print pieces, presentation decks, event collateral, email campaigns, social media, digital ads, paid search, MMS, and other channels and media that support growth marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of user behaviour, funnels, marketing channels, and mobile to fuel appropriate creative design.
- Identify trends and customer needs to discover new creative opportunities that can inform iterative testing.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop Vercel’s brand system, tools and standard methodologies on creative assets
- Interpret technical features into easy to understand visual designs that effectively solve business problems.
- Obsess about typography, imagery, the interplay between words and pictures, and how all of this tells a story appropriate to the brand and our products
- Collaborate with product designers, web designers, and engineers to ensure the coherence of our end-to-end brand experience.
- Outstanding graphic design skills (layout, typography, color, illustration)
- Minimum of 5+ years applied design experience
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Working knowledge of 3D, Motion Graphics, Interaction, and Environmental Design
- Experience in developing the process/approach for tackling problems
- Possess strong empathy and compassion
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and a variety of projects, as well as an understanding of design principles
- Familiar with technology-driven creative environments and understanding of global B2B or SAAS businesses
- Self starter and egoless collaborator
- Should have general familiarity of Vercel (working knowledge / experience preferred.)
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.