You deliver on the perfect balance between thoughtful problem-solving and well-crafted design. Leveraging user insights, you build impactful experiences that users rely on everyday. You sweat the details. In fact, you love every opportunity to refine every interaction to build a world class user experience.
As a Visual Designer, you will partner with UX Strategists, fellow Designers, and Product Managers to build truly meaningful experiences that impact millions of users. We are looking to redefine how people manage and discover the content they truly care about in a beautifully designed product.
We are looking for an innovator that understands cutting edge design and can pair that with usability best practices to create measurable and memorable experiences. Equipped with Plex’s new design system, you will create and expand upon features that our users will love. On top of that, you simply love design.
What you’ll do
- Own and build upon features on various platforms like iOS, Android, Responsive Web, and Smart TVs
- Contribute to and champion Plex’s design system to create a truly seamless experience across devices
- Ideate and participate in design workshops to creatively solve for our users’ needs
- Present and communicate effectively to project stakeholders and leadership
- Form stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment of business and user needs
- Interpret research findings to create visuals and interactions that provide the biggest impact
- Partner with the product manager and designer(s) throughout the product design lifecycle
- Document design specifications and tokens that adhere to our foundational design system
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of design experience (UI/UX, Interaction, Visual, Product)
- An online portfolio of your best work (provide password if applicable)
- Advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles and interaction design
- Advanced knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design tools
- Advanced knowledge of layout, typography, and color theory
- Motion, animation, and prototyping skills a plus but not required
- You have the ability to effectively communicate your design rationale
- You are self-aware and look forward to receiving feedback
- You understand how to leverage research insights to create effective experiences
- You are kind, humble, helpful and get stuff done
- You are self motivated and able to manage your time, working with a distributed team across the globe
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best
Who we are
Plex is a global streaming media platform that gives millions of customers around the world the freedom to enjoy all the content they love in one simple, beautiful app. Our vision is to empower real human connections by bringing people and entertainment together. So, we’re on a mission to create a global community for streaming content that people can depend on to easily discover, experience, and share all of the entertainment that matters to them.
What sets us apart
- We are the largest independent streaming platform built by a global team of employees who are fanatically passionate about delivering the highest quality, most unified, and user-friendliest entertainment experience possible.
- We have always been a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones.
- We host epic in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We are committed to improving the communities where we live and work with charitable contributions, partnerships, and service.
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur between UTC 1600 to UTC 1900
The Plex Values
- Be kind, humble, and helpful.
- Approach problems with curiosity, creativity, and flexibility.
- Put yourself on the customer’s couch.
- Be a good steward. Like a boss!
- Build relationships to ensure healthy debate.
- Foster a global and diverse team spirit.
- Show gratitude and give back.
- Seek balance for yourself and Plex.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
- At Plex, we get our people together at least twice a year to help forge connections and build deeper relationships all while having an awesome time. As such, Plex has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, subject to legally required disability or religious accommodations, for all in person events. Please note, these events are optional.
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Visual Designer who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!
Plex is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.