Traditional health care is broken. Galileo is here to fix it. We’re a rapidly growing health startup that combines intuitive design and clinical expertise to deliver affordable, quality care for all.
Founded by Thomas Lee, MD, the physician entrepreneur behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo’s innovative, value-based digital and delivery systems revolve around people—bringing better doctors and treatment to them, whoever they are and wherever they live.
At Galileo, we’re dedicated to flipping the traditional health care model and implementing a modern solution. Our empathetic, mission-driven vision celebrates creative problem-solving, and moves quickly to build great products. Our teamwork hinges on seamless collaboration. We believe in a hybrid, flexible working environment and have team members across the U.S. and Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galileo is looking for culturally sensitive clinicians to join our digital-first, primary care medical group. In this role, you will use asynchronous text-based chat and synchronous video to provide high-quality, comprehensive and evidence-based primary care. As a part of our collaborative clinical care team, you will leverage data, technology, and operational rigor to optimize great patient outcomes while offering highly personalized care and shared decision making with patients.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide best-in-class care for Galileo patients managing complex and chronic illnesses through our innovative, proprietary app and technology and your excellent clinical judgment
- Provide compassionate and empathetic care to patients from age 0-100 across all needs, including complex, chronic medical conditions such as: diabetes, hypertension, obesity and mental health
- Work with a diverse patient population. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture that is inclusive of all backgrounds
- Solve patient problems in an efficient, nimble manner by drawing on resourcefulness, collaborating with team members to leverage their expertise, and a “can-do” approach
HOW WE WORK
Galileo’s digital practice is a 24/7 primary care practice providing affordable, accessible healthcare to patients. Full time Clinicians work 24+ hours a week. Most of our clinicians average 24-32 hours per week. All of our clinicians are W-2 employees. This allows you to not have the burden of managing self employment taxes. We are committed to fostering a clinician friendly culture where you have the work-life balance that you deserve! Our clinicians generally work in 4-hour shifts and 2 weekend shifts per month (or, more if weekends are your preference!)
We look for passionate clinicians who are invested in solving complex problems that impact millions of lives and are excited about fixing what’s broken to improve care quality and health outcomes for everyone.
We believe in a culture that fosters teamwork, excellence, and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate individuals who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Have 5+ years of clinical experience in complex care, chronic care management, or primary care
- Are experienced in or have an appetite for learning digital-first healthcare (e.g. virtual medicine)
- Are interested in new, innovative models of care that balance evidence-based approaches with creative ideas
- Are highly comfortable with using technology and various applications to deliver care to patients virtually. Our current tech stack is:
- Proprietary built clinician-patient platform
- Google Suite (gmail, sheets, docs, etc)
- Are a board-certified Physician in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine or a licensed Nurse Practitioner with experience practicing Family Medicine, Internal medicine or in a Primary Care setting.
- Are able to obtain a license in any state
- It’s a bonus if you are professionally fluent in English/Spanish including reading, writing, speaking, and understanding the cultural nuances for native Spanish speakers in a medical setting
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
- Flexible scheduling – design the schedule that works best for YOU
- Competitive health, vision and dental plans
- Company paid short and long term disability
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Malpractice insurance provided, including tail coverage
- 401(k) with company match
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Galileo interview requests and job offers only originate from Galileo.io email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Galileo will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Galileo, please notify us at: email@example.com.