Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven, trans-founded company that is focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and to build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 42 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
Are you an experienced Vice President of Product & Technology with a special affinity for the trans experience? Read on!
About The Role:
Reporting directly to the COO, this leader will work to deeply understand and advocate for our customer’s wants and needs within the realm of their digital health experience at Plume. Our next Vice President of Product & Technology will lead others internally and externally into a compelling, user-friendly solution for our online customers as well as our payers and providers.
As a key member of the executive team, you will be entrusted with the vision and direction of our product roadmap, while also considering factors such as HIPAA compliance, ease-of-use, data structure needs, and downstream stakeholders clinicians, finance, margin, and others). You will own and drive product strategy as well as feature development and retirement. In this role, you will act as a strategist and senior thought partner to the CEO in addition to other key leaders. You will set the stage for high performance, accountability, and collaboration at each level in the organization.
- Build and iterate on beautiful and touching user experiences in response to what we observe and measure from market data, customer feedback, in-app data, strategy, as well as your experience, vision, and intuition
- Manage and develop the product, engineering, design, and data teams to consistently deliver a best-in-class user experience for our customers, payers, and team members
- Monitor the evolving telehealth market landscape and act as a thought leader and strategist to ensure that Plume always delivers a reliable and relatable product experience
- Deliver an intuitive and streamlined user interface, feeding multiple HIPAA-compliant databases and feeds, and an internal interface that enables clinicians, pharmacists, care coordinators, marketing, finance, and other stakeholders to rapidly and dependably act on that information
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, compliance, and other teams to ensure that we are consistently acting as leading stewards of the user experience
- Timely deliver successful enterprise-class product launches, while utilizing multiple cross-functional resources in a highly matrixed startup environment
- Drive the product lifecycle from the ideation / vision stage through to planning, delivery, and ultimately implementation
- Plume’s mission and values are embedded in every aspect of our work. A passion for ensuring a dignified, reliable, and relatable healthcare experience for all transgender, nonbinary, or other systemically oppressed community members is a must- preferably with experience designing innovative & life-changing healthcare solutions reaching the historically underserved
- Passion for wearing multiple hats at varying skill levels in addition to leading a team within a startup environment
- Project management experience overseeing multiple experiments, iterations, and frequently experimenting, iterating, and innovating within and outside of the team
- 2+ instances of successfully bringing to market mobile healthcare and/or telehealth offerings which are optimized for the experience of the patient, provider/clinician, and payer
- A track record of solving problems for multiple constituents in a multi-sided marketplace, e.g. patients, physicians, employers, and healthcare providers
- Strong experience listening, persuading, leading, and managing in a highly relationship-focused & collaborative virtual work environment
- Familiarity with agile and iterative development, backed by quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and developing best-in-class teams while balancing the development of internal leaders with immediate best-in-class external thought leaders
- Excellent written, analysis, and presentation skills
- Strong experience in a VC-funded startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 7+ years of experience leading engineering / product development teams within a healthcare startup, with 2+ years in telehealth
- A reputation in the healthcare industry as a senior thought leader in the area of digital healthcare enablement
Compensation and Benefits:
- $200-225K Annual Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 18 Paid Company Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Free Mental Health Support (Betterhelp, Headspace Subscriptions)
- Free Plume Membership
- Professional development (on-the-job training and development opportunities)