Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
This role will work on design projects and set the vision across four SaaS-based EMR and practice management products to design modular front-end applications for both web and mobile platforms to improve the quality of the user experience and interface design.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Organize complex user workflows into simpler ones across the entire product life-cycle and multiple product launches
- Help conquer major obstacles for innovative, enterprise-level solutions by interviewing stakeholders and users, creating user journey maps, story boarding, sketching the workflows and creating wire frames and high-fidelity interactive prototypes
- Leverage and maintain a streamlined design system and style guide for consistency between products and reuse of common components and UX principles
- Drive consistency by working to develop, maintain and leverage a component system
- Create high quality visual design and interaction of product ideas and workflows
- Create wire frames, storyboards, user flows, journey mapping, process flows, interaction prototypes, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conduct user research, interview and test through the user-centered design process
- Work with cross-functional SCRUM teams and product owners
- Partner closely with your squads, and work with them to come up with solutions that make all of our healthcare experiences better
- Listen and let users guide their experience
- Travel to meet and talk with the practices that use our software to gain insight into how our application can thrive
- Have the ability to understand development libraries and systems so the translation from design to development is clear
- Assist in the end validation of the design with development teams to ensure the design was followed through to completion
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in a UI, UX, Product Design role (or combination of)
- Prototyping tools – Sketch, InVision
- Wire framing experience (low and mid-fidelity)
- Interaction design using InVision or similar product
- Process flows – Lucid Chart, Visio or similar
- Usability Testing (UAT)
- Familiar with Information Architecture (IA)
- HTML/CSS Knowledge
- Material Design Library
- Working in an Agile environment. Knowledge of design sprints, Kanban board, iterative design
- 5 free mental health counseling sessions annually
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options
- Nextech operates as a hybrid work organization – employees may work both from home and the office. Most positions have an expectation of attendance in the corporate office in Tampa, FL on either a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. Frequency of in office work is determined by the department leaders and is subject to change based on business needs. Some positions may be considered 100% remote. The hybrid or remote status of the position will be discussed during the interview process and indicated in the offer letter at the time of the offer.
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Periods of stress may occur
- Long distance air travel as needed – not to exceed 10%
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.