Location: Remote, US-based
Reports to: Director of Engineering
With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform & team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
Looking for an opportunity to apply your technical skills to help unleash the power of data for the social sector? Join us!
You will be successful in the role if…
- You are eager to apply your experience to new challenges and continue to learn
- You are self-motivated, enjoy autonomy, and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You are a team player and good communicator
- You love building highly functional, scalable, data-driven enterprise applications
- You are excited to work in a high-velocity, agile startup environment
- You are able to deliver as a member of a distributed engineering team
- You are serious about testing and have experience with automated testing frameworks
- Develop and maintain web applications with a user-centric approach using Vue.js 2 and 3
- Define and refine the direction of UpMetrics front end architecture
- Define contracts between frontend and backend using GraphQL
- Plan and develop reactive interfaces following industry best practices
- Write reusable code and create/maintain new components for future use
- Mentor engineering colleagues to grow their front end skills
- Coordinate work with colleagues at the engineering management
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and technical insights to multiply team productivity
- Work closely with our Product team to identify challenges and requirements for new functionality
- You have 6+ years of front end development/lead experience using React, Angular, or Vue. (We use Vue.js)
- You possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability for each project undertaken
- You are passionate about front end development and stay on top of industry trends
- You have exceptional proficiency with CSS and you are someone that has a passion for crafting beautiful User Interfaces and User Experiences
- You have high code quality standards and a good knowledge of engineering best practices
- You have experience with Vue.js, Vuex, Tailwind CSS
- You have experience working with GraphQL
- You have experience with source control (Git) and CI terminology and practices
- You are a strong proponent of the Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY) principle
- You are open-minded, confident, humble, self-managing, and a collaborative team player
- You are patient and consistent when mentoring or guiding team members
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First — Collaboration is key. We support each other, respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client Focused — Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity — We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve — We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let’s Go! — To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits
- $140K-$170K annual salary based on experience
- Equity incentive plan
- 70% employer paid health insurance for employees and family
- Dental and vision insurance
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Unlimited time off policy, plus paid holidays and monthly Wellness Fridays
- Parental leave policy
- FSA plan, lifestyle spending account (LSA) for eligible professional development and wellness expenses, and Employee Assistance Program via The Hartford
- 401K plan
- Remote work equipment
- Annual company retreat and quarterly virtual company events
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
Interested in joining our team? Submit your application!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would still love to hear from you!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. UpMetrics is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.